Another Trade Scenerio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Trade Scenerio

Smacks

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just read on a Redskin board that a proposed a trade between the Skins and Phins. Chris Samuels for O-gun plus a 4th or 5th rounder. Of course I shot this person down. Samuels has been average the last two years and had a couple of nagging injuries. Also there is a rumor going around, reported by TSN, that the Skins and Raiders have quietly made trade for draft day. The Skins send Samuels and their 1st for the Raiders 1st. The Skins then draft Gallery. I believe this is false becuase the Skins get the short end of the deal.

Here's my proposal. Miami trades Ogun to the Skins for Samuels and their 2nd round pick, if they have one. We get an extra pick plus a bono fide RT that can start right away. This helps the Skins because they are desperate need of a DE to shore up their DL and they still have their first round pick to draft Taylor or Winslow.

They'll never go for that. Why would they trade their LT plus a 2nd for Ogun?Anyway, Ogun's staying with us for the long haul imo.

Ozzy rules!!

The Skins only have a 1st and a 4th or 5th this year. Only 2 picks..

1st off there is no such thing as satisfy all of us:) Besides I really want us to keep O-Gun too.

Smacks...I don't know...sounds like it helps the Skins more than us...Yeah, we get a RT/G, but we can get a quality RT/G in the draft, even in the 3rd round if we miss out in the first...also, as someone else said, they only have a 1st rounder and a 5th rounder...They won't give up their 1st rounder for Ogun. Additionally, I think the balance of that trade would be way off, cause we would lose more on the DL by losing Ogun than we would gain by having Samuels. I just think that we need to keep the defense as intact as possible, add depth as RS has already done some with Antuan, Akins, and Howard and work on the remaining big spot (OL) with our first rounder....even if we overspend a little and reach for Smiley with #20, it would be less of a loss than losing Ogun...

Draft Picks by Team (ESPN)

Washington has a 1st (5) and 5th (139).

In my dream world, if Washington was game to trade for Ogun, then ask for the kitchen sink. I mean, we are talking about Washington.... the team with no concept of a good deal.

Our standing price is a 1st and 3rd. So, quality over quantity, let's trade them Ogun for their 1st (5).

Can anyone IMAGINE the possibilities with the Phinz holding those 2 picks? All of sudden, we go from a team hoping Andrews falls... to a team LOOKING at Gallery.

Or even if we stayed at #5, we could pick up an ELITE WR then STILL pick up Andrews, Grove, etc. And even though I'm a Fiedler fan... I'd even like to see the next FRANCHISE QB annoited with a possible #5.

Sound TOOO impossible... remember, Snyder and Gibbs both like veterans, need D help and want to win NOW (no time to develop a Rook.).

I wouldn't say that deal is TOO far fetched.

if i remember, samuels is a lt. jansen is their rt. plus i think samuels either has a big contract or is due to be a f.a. soon. no way this trade happens imo.

If we get the fifth pick then we go Taylor and hope that Andrews falls.

Sorry, but Taylor is the best player in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom