Another trade that can change the draft! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another trade that can change the draft!

I think this is just one of the first trades to come...I fully expect more. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins have a couple trades themselves.

I dont know why we would take pettigrew? maybe someone could explain this to me, but i thought fasano and david martin were pretty good.

1) Fasano and Martin are both FA's next year.
2) Fasano and Martin are both similar TE's in that they are pass catchers first and marginal blockers.

3) Pettigrew makes the need for a swing tackle a little less important. If Carey or Long were to get hurt he helps make a Brandon Fry or Nate Garner or a draft pick somewhat serviceable because he is such a good blocker.

4) It becomes possible to trade Martin or Fasano for a mid to late round pick.

5) He helps the wildcat.

6) With the Jets and Pats using the base 3-4 defenses he would really help in pass protection.

7) Great red zone target.

Of course this trade affects us.

Atlanta was almost penciled in Red already that they were going to draft Pettigrew if this deal didnt get done in time.

Now that he is off their list this leaves them with picking another immediate need. Which happens to be almost identical to ours. CB,OLB,NT/DT,OG.

They dont need WR right away, and imo we wont draft one first day so....

I see it happening alraedy now, someone is going to drop to the #24 spot, either a Malcom Jenkins, or one of the top tier OLb that were supposed to be gone by pick 15.

So either they take this guy who would have gone to us, or they trade away the pick to get back the 2nd rounder they lose next year.
Chubbs

I too think this trade hurts us....twice.

Both Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff are both looking for similar types of players as us.

1.) Scott Pioli now has a second rounder.

2.) Thomas Dimitroff has stated that they will be focusing on defense in the first round.

i honestly didn't even know we were looking at him to be honest

I think this trade could affect the Draft in this regard. It's all hypothetical, so bear with me. If the Jills don't reach on Pettigrew, he'll slide down to the boards. A team like Arizona or Cleveland may look for a trade up since both teams are in need of TE.

we do have to play them in week one so I don't like having to face him on the road.

Ozzy rules!!

I think this is just one of the first trades to come...I fully expect more. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins have a couple trades themselves.

I can see us moving down and getting more picks...there's value in round 2,3 and 4.

Ozzy rules!!

I too think this trade hurts us....twice.

Both Scott Pioli and Thomas Dimitroff are both looking for similar types of players as us.

1.) Scott Pioli now has a second rounder.

2.) Thomas Dimitroff has stated that they will be focusing on defense in the first round.

The second round pick is for 2010.

Every trade makes a difference...but I see a ray of hope for the Dolphins...some team will, if they already haven't already fell in love with Pettigrew....plus any player whom also falls down because of this trade, want to trade up....that makes the 25th pick more valuable. It is not uncommon for trades in the 25th pick area.

So a trade down wouldn't shock me at all.

If he's there, I kind of expect us to Draft Pettigrew at 25 now.

Seems like a bit of a strange pick, but it makes sense that Parcells & co. would love what his blocking ability would bring to a power run offense.

A lot of mocks had Pettigrew going to Atlanta at 24. Maybe now he'll be there for us.

Back
Top Bottom