Another Vet Rb (anderson) Or A Rookie (michel Or Ballage) ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Vet Rb (anderson) Or A Rookie (michel Or Ballage) ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
hello,

What is your choice for our Third RB spot ?

IMO with Drake and Gore ( he could surprise us and be very good another year here) we need a Rookie to groom but I don't know if Michel in the third round would be better than a package ( i.e. : Falk in the third and ballage later).

But I know Gase like CJ Anderson.......so our FO could go in this direction.

What do you think is the better solution here ?

Snag a RB round 3 or 4 and develop them behind Gore. There are 1st and 2nd round caliber RBs that will fall a round or two because of the amount of quality RBs in this draft.

Time to go for a rookie. I like CJ Anderson as a player but we appear to have the veteran RB spot covered with the Gore signing. You have to steadily invest in some Draft picks at certain positions to develop players for the future.

Last edited:
So you can either take a RB who you know can perform in the NFL and is still relatively young or roll the dice with a 4th round or later RB...

Based on needs and position valuation, I doubt this team looks at RB before the 4th round. Many assume their favorite RB is going to be there so the exercise becomes simple to take a drafted back, but it is very likely that guys like Chubb, Ballage, Kelly, Freeman....are all gone before Miami looks at RB.

Right now I would take Anderson as he is a known commodity instead of wishing and hoping a RB I like will still be there when the fins decide to address that position.

RB3, willing to play special teams (hopefully excel) rookie year, good hands, pass block. am I opposed to getting CJ, if hes cheap and willing to play special teams....sure. I don't see a veteran player of his status wanting to lace em up to haul tail down field on Kick offs though. So just draft a guy late rounds, mid if someone great slides, we're going to probably have enough troubles getting Drake and Gore the touches to keep them happy, much less adding in another semi-stay RB

I'm a big big fan of Michel - one of my top RBs in the draft. But he will gone early/mid round 2 imo....so if you have your eyes on him, you will have to spend a high pick to get him.

Since we aren't a win now playoff bound team, draft a RB and save the money. We need as many quality players on their rookie contracts as possible with TBaum consistently overpaying vets.

Well drafting a RB in the first 3 rounds just isnt on the agenda barring a miracle slide.

Your starting RB is a talented young player you drafted in the third round and by all accounts appears to be a "hit".

You dont waste higher assets than the one you used on your starter to get a backup.

2nd round pick is a TE. You dont have ANY.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSQ
I would be fine drafting a running back with either their third round pick or one of their fourth-round picks. If that doesn’t work, I am all for signing Anderson.

Back
Top Bottom