Another week passes... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another week passes...

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
and only 2 remain before Jay can opt out of his contract. I am very curious what is going on behind the scenes, and how far apart the 2 parties are. You have to think if Jay doesn't get his dream amount of cash he will tempt free agency, and see what happens. I am starting to wonder if he wants to come back. The fans have been less than supportive, he has to learn a new system either way, and i bet he wants to ditch the Marino legacy. I also have to wonder if Miami will be able to afford him if he tests the market. Cincy, Wash, and Houston all have alot of money, and no starting qb. If I have to guess right now where Jay will be next year I would have to say wearing tiger stripes in Ohio, but we will see.

i just don't think that Jay is so important that we should live or die by whether he stays or not. with what we are asking from the QB on this team, we don't need to pay him like a Peyton Manning (i don't even think Peyton Manning should be paid like a Peyton Manning). if he wants to test the free agent market, fine. i have two words for anyone willing to give him a big contract, Scott Mitchell.

Originally posted by inFINSible
i have two words for anyone willing to give him a big contract, Scott Mitchell.
I have 2 numbers for anyone willing to compare Jay to Scott Mitchell: 22 and 11.

I do not see there being a real deadline to get Jay signed before he opts out of his contract, though it would be nice :) If we are stilll negotiating, then we have the inside position and we can always opt to keep him by matching another team's offer.

:confused:
Jay's record as a starter as opposed to Scott "I played 2 good games for the Fins ever" Mitchell :rolleyes:

I think we should get Brett Favre from the Packers. They have to be tired of his blowing the big game. He had like 6 INT's when he played the Rams.

I bet we could trade, Sam Madison, our first, third, fourth,fifth,sixth, and seventh round pick...plus Lucas, Minor and Chambers.

That would fix it all.

You know what I meant though, right?
I figure you meant that Jay w/b a bust as soon as he get bucks.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I figure you meant that Jay w/b a bust as soon as he get bucks.

something like that. Just a little reminder of the last FA QB that signed a big bucks contract after showing very little here.

since we were blessed with Dan for so long, there is not much evidence of what Qb's do after their career here. There are only Mitch and Huard that I know of.

guy benjamin was a big name................

from stanford, after the fins, i don't know what hapened to the guy! jim del gaizo, i don't even know where he came from much less where he went!:rolleyes:

Re: guy benjamin was a big name................

Originally posted by dolfan06
from stanford, after the fins, i don't know what hapened to the guy! jim del gaizo, i don't even know where he came from much less where he went!:rolleyes:
I remember Guy - thought he would be a good one :lol: though guys were pre-salary cap and free agency. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom