Anthony Bryant

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
What do you guys think about Anthony Bryant DT/G from Alabama??

I don't know much about him but I read his bio and this guy is a freaking monster..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/bryant_anthony

5.22 in the 40-yard dash … 505-pound bench press … 775-pound squat … 380-pound power clean … 415-pound incline press … 29¼-inch arm length … 8½-inch hands … Right-handed.
a 775 squat!?!?!?! That's insane!!

I have no idea where this guy will fall though..does anyone have any more info on him?
 

GatorsFins23

Don't act like you're not impressed....
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
1,187
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Gainesville/Melbourne, FL
HysterikiLL said:
Anthony Bryant DT/G from Alabama??

Did i miss something? When did Defensive Guard become a position? lol


j/p, :wink: . I dont know very mucy about Bryant, but I have heard that he's huge and very strong. He could be a nice project in the later rounds, maybe.
 

NHPhinsfan

Dolphins...til death do us part
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
50
Location
NH
He's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder due to lack of pass-rushing skills and weight problems
 

HysterikiLL

Super Duper Club
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
12,688
Reaction score
0
A&MPhin84 said:
Did i miss something? When did Defensive Guard become a position? lol


j/p, :wink: . I dont know very mucy about Bryant, but I have heard that he's huge and very strong. He could be a nice project in the later rounds, maybe.
Anthony BryantPosition: Defensive Tackle/Offensive Guard College: AlabamaHeight: 6-3Weight: 336Hometown: Newbern, Ala.
I'm not sure if he's better at guard or DT but I figured we need a DT so hey
 

Fitz

Hammered
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
I mean look at sam Adams, we could pick up this guy and he would just take up holes.
 

ih8brady

2008 AFC East Champions
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,614
Reaction score
8
NHPhinsfan said:
He's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder due to lack of pass-rushing skills and weight problems
I think people put too much value into pass rushing at DT.
 

Fitz

Hammered
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
I think DT's should be there just to clog holes (Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Pat Williams)
 

OurHeartAndSoul

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Dec 21, 2003
Messages
972
Reaction score
0
Actually Means and Bryant were suppose to play together, but the recruiting violations at Alabama caused Means to transfer to Memphis. But could you imagine those together?!? :eek:
 

Fitz

Hammered
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
372
Reaction score
0
OurHeartAndSoul said:
Actually Means and Bryant were suppose to play together, but the recruiting violations at Alabama caused Means to transfer to Memphis. But could you imagine those together?!? :eek:
oh lord that would be like the RB running in to a black hole.
 

finz99

Chief Penguin
Joined
Mar 12, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
4
Location
Portland, OR
Fitz said:
I think DT's should be there just to clog holes (Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Pat Williams)
Yea, they should get some 1,000 pound guy and just have him sit there.
 

TeeMoney

Kid A
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
967
Location
Planet Telex
It's not pass rushing skills necessarily, it's that he has poor lateral movement and change of direction. He will swallow up blockers for other players and can get a RB when he runs by, but don't expect him to make plays behind the line of scrimmage or adjust to misdirection plays.
 
Top Bottom