Anthony Bryant | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Bryant

I really see Anthony Bryant as a Gilbert Brown type of player. He is not that quick, or very agile but the guy can just sit down and eat up space!!! The only problem with guys this big is usually durability, I dont know how durable he has been in college because I dont particularly follow Alabama.

afishfan said:
He looks like he carries the weight really well though - if he does weigh 336. Long arms certainly could help.....but this guy might just be a player.

Bryant has always struggled with his weight. When he showed up in spring drills at 350 pounds, he soon found himself riding the bench for the 2004 season. He did start the Southern Mississippi game, but only appeared in 292 plays for the season, making 19 tackles (9 solos) with 1½ sacks and a pair of pressures. He appeared in 48 games for the Crimson Tide, starting 16 contests. He finished his career with 115 tackles (40 solos), 1½ sacks for minus-7 yards, 6½ stops for losses of 14 yards, 19 quarterback pressures, a fumble recovery, a forced fumble and a pair of pass deflections.

That's his only weight problem but hopefully he can get himself under control..I'm hooked right now

Fins2theend said:
I really see Anthony Bryant as a Gilbert Brown type of player. He is not that quick, or very agile but the guy can just sit down and eat up space!!! The only problem with guys this big is usually durability, I dont know how durable he has been in college because I dont particularly follow Alabama.
lol...where did he play last year????didnt green bay cut him?

I think Big Gilbert is done, but the guys in this draft like Anthony Bryant, Albert Means, and even Ronald Fields are guys that dont hhave the lateral movement to be good in pursuit. These guys are my "Gilberts". Now if you get two of them(just imagine almost 700 lbs sitting in the middle of the field)............We are in buisness! Putting them alongside a pass rushing DT like Kevin Carter isnt a bad option. But I dont see any of these 3 beating out any one any time soon for a spot on the DL.

Hey just imagine a DL with Ted "Mt" Washington, and Gilbert "Ive never seen a buffet I didnt like" Brown at the DT positions. Tell me what team could run up the middle!!!

Doktor Ivel said:
nice squat fat boy.
i doubt he went down to 90 degrees

he has school records thus ncaa regulation on his squats so it was good

duss12 said:
he has school records thus ncaa regulation on his squats so it was good

Who cares thats like squating a Ford Pinto, I dont care how far he went down 700+ is :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom