Anthony Bryant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Bryant

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Anthony Bryant DT/G from Alabama??

I don't know much about him but I read his bio and this guy is a freaking monster..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/bryant_anthony

5.22 in the 40-yard dash … 505-pound bench press … 775-pound squat … 380-pound power clean … 415-pound incline press … 29¼-inch arm length … 8½-inch hands … Right-handed.

a 775 squat!?!?!?! That's insane!!

I have no idea where this guy will fall though..does anyone have any more info on him?

HysterikiLL said:
Anthony Bryant DT/G from Alabama??

Did i miss something? When did Defensive Guard become a position? lol

j/p, :wink: . I dont know very mucy about Bryant, but I have heard that he's huge and very strong. He could be a nice project in the later rounds, maybe.

He's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder due to lack of pass-rushing skills and weight problems

A&MPhin84 said:
Did i miss something? When did Defensive Guard become a position? lol

j/p, :wink: . I dont know very mucy about Bryant, but I have heard that he's huge and very strong. He could be a nice project in the later rounds, maybe.

Anthony BryantPosition: Defensive Tackle/Offensive Guard College: AlabamaHeight: 6-3Weight: 336Hometown: Newbern, Ala.

I'm not sure if he's better at guard or DT but I figured we need a DT so hey

I mean look at sam Adams, we could pick up this guy and he would just take up holes.

NHPhinsfan said:
He's projected as a 4th or 5th rounder due to lack of pass-rushing skills and weight problems

I think people put too much value into pass rushing at DT.

I think DT's should be there just to clog holes (Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Pat Williams)

Actually Means and Bryant were suppose to play together, but the recruiting violations at Alabama caused Means to transfer to Memphis. But could you imagine those together?!? :eek:

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Actually Means and Bryant were suppose to play together, but the recruiting violations at Alabama caused Means to transfer to Memphis. But could you imagine those together?!? :eek:
oh lord that would be like the RB running in to a black hole.

Fitz said:
I think DT's should be there just to clog holes (Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Pat Williams)

Yea, they should get some 1,000 pound guy and just have him sit there.

It's not pass rushing skills necessarily, it's that he has poor lateral movement and change of direction. He will swallow up blockers for other players and can get a RB when he runs by, but don't expect him to make plays behind the line of scrimmage or adjust to misdirection plays.

Back
Top Bottom