Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Cesario Will Back Up Rt...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just wanted to pass along the existence of #70 on your Dolphin rosters. Here is a guy that nobody in the media has written a story on....but G/T ANTHONY CESARIO has shown the coaches that he is back healthy 100%....and also.....that he can be quite versatile as well.

CESARIO is going to be on this roster.....as a backup guard...and also....as a backup RT.

CESARIO has showed TONY WISE that he can also play some RT....as at only 6-5 305 pounds.....Cesario was working behind TODD WADE in some drills....and did very well for himself...in these early stages of camp.

Just something to pass along...as CESARIO could be a very valuable backup....if injuries do occur. If you remember....TODD WADE fought through a lot of bumps and bruises last year. ANd who went in to play RT when WADE was out?

How soon we forget it was old reliable.....HARRY SWAYNE.

Now....it appears its going to be.....CESARIO.
DCH

Always thought he was a good prospect. I think he can be a future starter at RG. Searcy is 32 or 33 years old now, and he's only on a one year deal.

IMO, we have 4/5ths of our future OL already on the roster:

LG -- Jamie Nails
C -- Seth McKinney
RG -- Anthony Cesario
RT -- Todd Wade

The only spot that really doesn't have a young player who I feel can step up and play at an elite level is the LT position.

DCH..............

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I just wanted to pass along the existence of #70 on your Dolphin rosters. Here is a guy that nobody in the media has written a story on....but G/T ANTHONY CESARIO has shown the coaches that he is back healthy 100%....and also.....that he can be quite versatile as well.

CESARIO is going to be on this roster.....as a backup guard...and also....as a backup RT.

CESARIO has showed TONY WISE that he can also play some RT....as at only 6-5 305 pounds.....Cesario was working behind TODD WADE in some drills....and did very well for himself...in these early stages of camp.

Just something to pass along...as CESARIO could be a very valuable backup....if injuries do occur. If you remember....TODD WADE fought through a lot of bumps and bruises last year. ANd who went in to play RT when WADE was out?

How soon we forget it was old reliable.....HARRY SWAYNE.

Now....it appears its going to be.....CESARIO.
DCH

It's good to hear that Cesario has impressed at Minicamps thus far and has made an impression on Tony Wise and the rest of the coaching staff. The competition in minicamps along the offensive line has been fierce and relentless. I'm not saying that we're going to have the best offensive line in the league, but I feel that(if healthy obviously) it will be a cohesive, productive, and reliable offensive line.;)

Cesario was pretty impressive last year before he got injured. He may have been the best offensive lineman on the team during the preseason.

It's great to hear Cesario is playing healthy and to his potential. I had high hopes for him in J'Ville, I always liked his ability though. Sounds like the Dolphins picked up a quality lineman for years to come.

Cesario would have made the final roster last year if not for injury. No question.

Kb your being a litttle generous

claiming that dolphins have 4 fifths of their future ol already on roster.LG -- Jamie Nails
C -- Seth McKinney
RG -- Anthony Cesario
RT -- Todd Wade

Jamie Nails hasn't done anything in nfl and almost ate his way out of the Nfl. All reports out of minicamp are positive but you have to wait till training camp Not a guarantee
c Seth Mckinney a third round choice who has potential but how many offensive lineman don't pan out. Again no guarantee.

Rg Anthony Cesario Looks like a better backup than a starter. Could be wrong. Again no guarantee

Rt Todd Wade a lock a future pro Bowler for many years to come.

Looking at the ol situation and you have to be scared. If the offensive line falters how good can we expect Ricky Williams to do. Management should have addressed this area already . You can find guards and Rt you can plug in but its reqally hard to find a capable LEFT TACKLE.

I feel that management HAS addressed the situation. They got Leon Searcy. They got Nails. They got McKinney. About LT....I think you answered your own question on that one. It's hard to find a good LT. I also feel that Brent Smith's progress, as well as the salary cap, influenced the decision to let the position be.

Nobody questions the Searcy pickup

Maybe im pessismistic person but every year we all talk like this is the year the dolphins have the makings of a great offensive line. Every year they dissapoint. What makes any of these players outside of Todd Wade any diffrent. Leon Searcy was a great pickup but is more a one year player. Im waiting for results before I start Proclaiming Jamie Nails, Anthony Cesario and Seth Mckinney the answer. All we have to go on these players is reports that the one minicamp they looked pretty good.(a minicamp without pads) Maybe im missing something but tell me what have Jamie Nails, Anthony Cesario, and Seth Mckinney done in NFL to make you so oppotomistic. I hope they make me look like an a hole with their play.

Jamie Nails has results. When he kept his weight under control during the 1999 season in Buffalo, he was a near dominant offensive lineman. He started all 16 games, and the Bills averaged over 5 yards per rush when running behind him and Marcus Spriggs on the right side.

When Nails lets his weight get the best of him, he is a slug.

He's a lot like Norman Hand. For Miami, Hand couldn't keep his weight under control. He goes to New Orleans, gets his weight down, and plays like a Pro Bowler until last season, when he let his weight get out of hand again.

Tony Wise has done good with these type of offensive linemen before. Remember Nate Newton? Derek Kennard? Even Kevin Gogan?

Theres always an if with OL

If this and this happens the dolphins could have a nice line. If Jamie Nails can keep his weight in check than he is a good guard. Well like you use with Norman Hand , Nate Newton they all could.t at some point control there weight. Its a disease. Even if I give you J Nails I didn't hear you address the other so called can't miss ol(Anthony Cesario(Wasn't he a Jet Draft Choice, and Seth Mckinney(who could be great but dont know) Ask yourself How good will the offense be without a good OL. Even Ricky Williams needs holes to run the ball effectively. You can survive with a great ol and average qb but you can't survive with both being average.

the OL will be fine if they are healthy. That is true of every OL, we just have guys like Dixon and last year both LTs that got hurt. If we can keep our starters healthy, we have a good enough OL to work the O for RW and Jay. I would be concerned if we lost Smith and Spriggs again, but you cannot plan for that.

That's great, but why do you guys write posts about backups??? This guy won't even see the field unless somebody goes down!!

Originally posted by fthefish11
That's great, but why do you guys write posts about backups??? This guy won't even see the field unless somebody goes down!!
because we had 2 LTs who missed most of last year and the other 4 guys missed games last year as well.

Wasn't it Cesario that was going to retire and nobody could talk him out of it??? Perhaps (actually probably) I'm wrong but if it wasn't Cesario who was it then?

Back
Top Bottom