Anthony: Dolphins’ Cover Linebacker? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony: Dolphins’ Cover Linebacker?

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Anthony has the tools needed to play WLB at a high level.

Ultimately, Anthony’s skillset was misdiagnosed in New Orleans. Deja Vu Dion Jordan. With less than four months under the wing of the Dolphins’ Defensive staff, Anthony appears to be on the right track an put in the right situations. His weakness of shedding and taking on blocks have been minimized by position and situation and his alleged weakness’ in lack of play recognition, keys improved. And most of all… his ‘hidden’ talent in pass coverage now appear as a serious strength for his bid to be the Dolphins 2018 Weak Side Linebacker.

On a final note, history tends repeat itself: “Demoted to backup midway through the 2012 season but he came roaring back in 2013, when he was selected third-team All-ACC with 131 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss and 4 sacks.”

Is Anthony set to make another comeback with the Dolphins at WLB? Free Agency and the Draft have much to say about that. But based on his film, PhinsNews believes Anthony is the long sought answer at WLB.

https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-anthony-dolphins-weakside-linebacker/

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. How many times have we heard similar things only to be bitch slapped back to reality when the season starts.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat. How many times have we heard similar things only to be ***** slapped back to reality when the season starts.

So, I guess the team shouldn’t waste its time on the development of young players.

It's possible. He has the talent and will have a full off-season to get ready this time. Problem is we don't have another decent option in the nickel because Raekwon would move to SLB and Kiko back to MLB. That likely means we are stuck with Kiko as nickel LB for another year.

You don't need to talk about it. You need to let him prove it on the field.

You don’t need to talk about it either. The constant whining on this site is tiresome and boring ( not necessarily directed at you)

I think that Anthony has the quicks, speed and cover ability to be our WLB. The problem really is Alonso, I hope that he gets it in gear. For #11 I'm still hoping for Quenton Nelson- a straight up beast who can pass protect as well- or a QB like Allen or Mayfield if the FO (read: Dan Marino) has a conviction on him. Dicey because Tannehill is young, but a shot at greatness is ok in my book.

Back
Top Bottom