Anthony Fasano and David Martin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Fasano and David Martin

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Chad Pennington seemed to be particularly enamored with both of these guys today. First, for the most obvious reason; they were the only ones open consistently, and secondly they're actually serviceable (or maybe even good) TE's. They ran good routes, they actually got open (go figure), and they caught the ball when it was thrown to them. What baffles me (outside of our wr's innate inablility to get open) is that this is the same David Martin I heard many on this site say needed to be cut in the preseason. I'm not going to get carried away and say either of these guys are going to be the next Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez or even Jason Witten. I'm just saying that on a team as young and inexperienced as ours, and a game bereft of many positives, they are something to look forward to in the coming weeks.

I agree, Fasano played a pretty dam good game and martin wasn't bad either. maybe they could show our receivers how to get open for a change.

Chad Pennington seemed to be particularly enamored with both of these guys today. First, for the most obvious reason; they were the only ones open consistently, and secondly they're actually serviceable (or maybe even good) TE's. They ran good routes, they actually got open (go figure), and they caught the ball when it was thrown to them. What baffles me (outside of our wr's innate inablility to get open) is that this is the same David Martin I heard many on this site say needed to be cut in the preseason. I'm not going to get carried away and say either of these guys are going to be the next Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzalez or even Jason Witten. I'm just saying that on a team as young and inexperienced as ours, and a game bereft of many positives, they are something to look forward to in the coming weeks.

I detest David mArtin AND think he is a crappy NFL wide receiver disguised as a mediocre TE but he played well today, still cant block his shadow. Fasano looks like a find overall and does what u want a TE to do.

I agree, Fasano played a pretty dam good game and martin wasn't bad either. maybe they could show our receivers how to get open for a change.

Agreed. I don't understand how our TE's who are less athletic and slower than the LB's or safeties that are covering them, can get separation and the WR's can't.

how about Fasano and Ayedole = Parcells should be arrested for robbery, both played well and only cost the fins a single 4th rounder

I detest David mArtin AND think he is a crappy NFL wide receiver disguised as a mediocre TE but he played well today, still cant block his shadow. Fasano looks like a find overall and does what u want a TE to do.

Wow. That's pretty harsh. Martin must have taken a steaming dump in your oatmeal at some point. :lol:

Wow. That's pretty harsh. Martin must have taken a steaming dump in your oatmeal at some point. :lol:

Nah I have just studied him as a prospect since college. He cant block at all and he has less than impressive hands. He mainly is too slow to be a Wr but maybe he worked hard and can be a solid recieving TE. He will never be a good blocker.

Back
Top Bottom