Anthony Gordon will be the second best QB in this draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Gordon will be the second best QB in this draft

Gordon looked great, very natural, comfortable, on point. He is a top 4 QB but for the weight. Has a great arm, quick and accurate. We'll see what he does about the weight thing by the combine.

I have wanted to draft two qbs in the upcoming draft since last year and I've said that I hoped the second one, probably in the middle rounds, would be Gordon. Nothing has changed for me since last year.

Everyone.

Literally everyone.

Knows how much you hate Ryan Tannehill.

Please find a former Dolphins QB who HASN’T been to an AFC Championship game and not advanced to vent upon.

Hint: There are 2 alive that I count.
Yes and poor us and Tua and his dad if the Phins do draft Tua we can look forward to 15 years of vitriol from this dude who can’t let go of Thill

Even tho he cannot stretch the field like maybe Herbert, he's got a sweet arm in the redzone, it's a threat.

IMO Eason needs A LOT of work. He has never had it between the ears, its why he could never take the job back from Fromm despite being far more physically gifted. Kind of reminds me of Ryan Mallet
At the same time, Justin Fields couldn't take the job from Fromm either and he's, at the very least, better than Fromm.

Gordon looked great, very natural, comfortable, on point. He is a top 4 QB but for the weight. Has a great arm, quick and accurate. We'll see what he does about the weight thing by the combine.
Eggsactly.This kids gonna fly under the radar and someone like new England is gonna get a star.

At the same time, Justin Fields couldn't take the job from Fromm either and he's, at the very least, better than Fromm.

No, Fields didnt beat out Fromm because Kirby was way to stubborn to change his system with Chaney and wanted Fields to fit into a mold rather than letting him play to his strengths. Fields is a better physical talent by far I just think the UGA staff was enamored with Fromm's mental game. If you saw the limited snaps he did get; Fields was asked to operate in a system built for Fromm not a guy who can extend plays and create then run if need be. You can see Kirby realized his mistake as he got rid of Coley brought in Newman a more spread QB and Monken who runs a more vertical passing attack. And got the 2021 #1 QB who people say plays the game like Lawrence, not the same talent but is a big arm guy who can run some and is super athletic. After being beat but athletic mobile QBs for 3 straight years he is going to enter the fray and try to get a championship.

And as for Gordon, how can anyone say he has a great arm? He looks like he puts in so much effort to his throwing motion for like 8 yards slants, it reminds me of Fitzpatrick expect Fitzpatrick is a 38 year old journeyman who has like 2-3 million throws on his arm. He had a great year under the air raid Leach system and Minshew is skewing peoples view, he is a day 3 developmental pick who imo ends up as a decent backup.

No, Fields didnt beat out Fromm because Kirby was way to stubborn to change his system with Chaney and wanted Fields to fit into a mold rather than letting him play to his strengths. Fields is a better physical talent by far I just think the UGA staff was enamored with Fromm's mental game. If you saw the limited snaps he did get; Fields was asked to operate in a system built for Fromm not a guy who can extend plays and create then run if need be. You can see Kirby realized his mistake as he got rid of Coley brought in Newman a more spread QB and Monken who runs a more vertical passing attack. And got the 2021 #1 QB who people say plays the game like Lawrence, not the same talent but is a big arm guy who can run some and is super athletic. After being beat but athletic mobile QBs for 3 straight years he is going to enter the fray and try to get a championship.

And as for Gordon, how can anyone say he has a great arm? He looks like he puts in so much effort to his throwing motion for like 8 yards slants, it reminds me of Fitzpatrick expect Fitzpatrick is a 38 year old journeyman who has like 2-3 million throws on his arm. He had a great year under the air raid Leach system and Minshew is skewing peoples view, he is a day 3 developmental pick who imo ends up as a decent backup.
Nothing wrong w give him a chance. If that what we are looking for.

Nothing wrong w give him a chance. If that what we are looking for.

I would love to sit down with the staff and just listen to the reasoning they would be looking for a 22/23 year old QB who has a weaker arm and less ability than a 38 year old journeyman QB.

I would love to sit down with the staff and just listen to the reasoning they would be looking for a 22/23 year old QB who has a weaker arm and less ability than a 38 year old journeyman QB.
U never know who is going be superstar qb.1st rd qb are bust to look at Rosen 2 yr ago. Somebody thought he would be superstar in nfl.

That was more a coaching error more than anything else. Fields proved this last season that he is a much better QB than Fromm and he should have been Georgia‘s QB in 2018.

Clemson went to Lawrence because the coaching staff understand he was better than Bryant even though Bryant had performed very well as the QB. The coaches at Georgia stuck with Fromm even though Fields was the better QB.

Clemson won a national Championship with Lawrence in 2018 and played in the final game this season. Fields led Ohio State to an undefeated regular season and showed that Georgia made a major mistake in going with Fromm over Fields in 2018.

Back
Top Bottom