Anti-climatic? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anti-climatic?

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Thisis just my opinion....don't get me wrong, I know pat surtain is an awesome cb and is an asset to our team, but I was all ready for him to be dealt for a fa or for picks and now it isn't looking so good. I'm really not to thrilled with giving him a huge contract offer either. I hope a deal goes thru cause if not, what are our options.....huge contract offer next year/release next year? I want picks damn it! :fire:

inFINSible said:
We could franchise him next year.

i dont think i really want us to franchise him either. I guess i just assumed we would get a fa or a 2nd rd pick. We need the picks and i think that poole will be a good cb.

I don't either and I doubt we will but,It's not over yet.

Fate has conspired against us and flooded the market of our only commodity but, sooner or later Pat's going to be the last item on the shelf.

We'll end up with a pick or two eventually but, it may not be for this draft.

inFINSible said:
I don't either and I doubt we will but,It's not over yet.

Fate has conspired against us and flooded the market of our only commodity but, sooner or later Pat's going to be the last item on the shelf.

We'll end up with a pick or two eventually but, it may not be for this draft.

hopefully, atleast a third in this draft and a 1or2 in ny's draft.

TheBostonBomber said:
hopefully, atleast a third in this draft and a 1or2 in ny's draft.

A 3rd just isn't enough. If Speilman hadn't spent to get Howard. We could have kept Surtain. As it stands we have too much money committed to CBs - especially since one of them can't start, and Saban must like what he sees in Poole. So Howard was a foolish move - plus we over spent!!!

Now we have to GIVE away a pro bowler because of it. We need at least a 2nd this year. If not a 2nd and perhaps a 4th next year. I hate to see the guy go. But to have cap flexability we need to trade him.

If he doesn't get traded I can't see us signing him to a long term deal. We would franchise him, and take what we could get. Somebody will part w/ the picks eventually.

Surtain might become part of a draft day blockbuster package deal.

CrunchTime said:
Surtain might become part of a draft day blockbuster package deal.

i would love it! Sure is nice to have so many options come draft day....for a change....thats what u get when u go 4-12 i guess.

Back
Top Bottom