Antoine Winfield | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antoine Winfield

13Dolfan87

Scout Team
Reaction score
According to La Canfora, Seattle will be releasing him:

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora23m

Hearing that the Seahawks, so deep in the secondary, will be releasing CB Antoine Winfield.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora10m
Always the chance Seattle could deal Winfield first - WSH and MIN had legit interest this offseason - but can be difficult this time of year

What do you guys think? He's up there in age now but can still play. I'm pretty concerned about our CB depth right now (Carroll as the #3 - oye... I'd much rather have Winfield) so I would definitely be interested.

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Winfield. He would be a great veteran influence. He could handle slot duties or still play the boundary. Plus, he can still tackle.

While I do not think Miami will do anything at CB because a veteran would be a "progress stopper", I would love this pick up. It would just not happen.

Why draft 2 corners early and then pick up a 36 yr old corner that will take snaps away from them? No thanks.

Why draft 2 corners early and then pick up a 36 yr old corner that will take snaps away from them? No thanks.

Because Nolan Carroll stinks.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

And because you can never have enough quality corners.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Agreed with both points and your other post, as well. For me: this is about replacing Carroll more than anything.

we have some injuries at cb, id sign him to a cheap one year deal

Winfield is 36 years old now. Little tough to count on him for anything other than depth.

Why draft 2 corners early and then pick up a 36 yr old corner that will take snaps away from them?

because, as HAYDEN said, carroll sux. he would be taking his snaps, not the other guys. and that would be a GREAT thing as NC is a liability every time he is on the field!!

WILL DAVIS: i want him around, but, the bucs exposed him BAD in coverage. he has a ways to go and he wont be seeing the field much anyways, winfield or not.

TAYLOR: looks like we got a winner here, but, notice at the start of the 3rd quarter in the saints game he was all trussed up in that groin harness. this will bother him all year and i see him missing time, some of it the coaches giving his injury a rest.

i do not like our starter next to grimes at all. he is a journeyman only player who CAN [and should] be replaced.

so, knowing this, we have PLENTY of room for a wily vet like winfield.

========================================
KH01.jpg

Carroll plays special teams well. if we can replace him without losing anything on those teams, i'm all for it.....

Last year, he was #1 in run support, and #16 in coverage but, hard to say if that was his last good year. I think he would help more than hurt Taylor and Davis IF there is anything left in the tank.

I'm still pissed/shocked Carroll is anything but ST at this point.

How the $^%# does Carroll keep making the team? he must be the worlds best practice player because he sucks in games.

because, as HAYDEN said, carroll sux. he would be taking his snaps, not the other guys. and that would be a GREAT thing as NC is a liability every time he is on the field!!

WILL DAVIS: i want him around, but, the bucs exposed him BAD in coverage. he has a ways to go and he wont be seeing the field much anyways, winfield or not.

TAYLOR: looks like we got a winner here, but, notice at the start of the 3rd quarter in the saints game he was all trussed up in that groin harness. this will bother him all year and i see him missing time, some of it the coaches giving his injury a rest.

i do not like our starter next to grimes at all. he is a journeyman only player who CAN [and should] be replaced.

knowing this, we have PLENTY of room for a wily vet like winfield.

View attachment 11276[/QUOTE

agreed

I would be ecstatic with that signing. Brings in a vet at a weak position on our defense. Get him on a cheap 1 year deal, split time with the 2 rookies. Would be a huge boost to the defense.

so, knowing this, we have PLENTY of room for a wily vet like winfield.

View attachment 11276
I for sure agree about Will Davis. He has some bad tendencies, and the Bucs knew that. That play on 4th down was called for the sole reason they knew he would bite on the fake, which is not good. They said "hey look who's out there right now, lets run that play...TD" But he'll learn to not do that after a while I hope. But man being a cb in todays league must be so ridiculously hard.

Back
Top Bottom