Antonio Callaway has now been signed to our 53 man roster. Time to shine! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Callaway has now been signed to our 53 man roster. Time to shine!

Oh Gog danged spaghetti monster from Hell!

I'd heard of that movie, but damn... that looks bad.

It has been only three weeks, but the next step of this offense Is protecting Tua in a pocket for an extra second, to step up and throw those deep Bama passes he used to do. With that said, Callaway at least could be that player. This league is about chunk plays. That’s how you average 31 points a game and stats get built (not that stats matter). I do not know the stats, but how many of these plays are done by the NFL elite? At a minimum, we can make the defense honest as defenses can play us closer if we dont shake it up.

Calloway had sticky hands at UF, and was elusive with the ball in his hands. He flashed in Cleveland, but as the article said, he can be a headache. I hope he has it together. It could be another great free agent find for Grier and Co.

The Dolphins announced they signed receiver Antonio Callaway to their active roster from the practice squad.

Callaway suited up for Sunday’s victory over the Chargers after being promoted from the practice squad for game day, but he did not see a snap.

Callaway, a fourth-round pick of the Browns two years ago, has 51 catches for 675 yards and five touchdowns in 20 career games.

The Dolphins also announced they elevated defensive tackle Benito Jones as a COVID-19 replacement for Sunday’s game. Defensive tackle Christian Wilkins remains on the COVID-19 reserve list.

It’s the second week Jones has earned a promotion as a COVID-19 replacement for Wilkins. He played 11 defensive snaps and five on special teams against the Chargers, and he made a tackle for loss.

Very excited for this! We need him for the stretch run. Expectations has just been risen boys and girls! Fins Up Baby!!!!
that play jones pushed the center back 2-3 yards and strowbridge stunted under him and filled the whole and met the rb in backfield
was a work of art ,and not on stat sheet!
his been pushing centers back in all his games his been active in !

who would have thought we would have a def line of davis,sieler,jones holding up as well , when season started?
i would give jones more snaps , especially vs broncos , as they have lock [who hasnt showed much ,and i feel they will rely on running game vs us ]
which is still a concern for us tbh !

but davis,sieler, now jones are stepping up for a very young def line !
which is great feeling !

He may be on the 53 but probably more a function of Grier and Flores liking the street free-agent WRs even less. Word out of camp (with some verification by Flores) is that Callaway has yet to learn the playbook or get into game shape.

Wasn't he on the active roster last week? I'm not being a smart *** or anything, just curious why people are getting excited? 🤷‍♂️
yes. when they sent him back to the practice squad after last week's game, he wasn't one of the players we protected from getting snatched.

i guess some people thought that meant he had no future with the team, so now that we brought him up again they are breathing a (brief) sigh of relief?

Calloway had sticky hands at UF, and was elusive with the ball in his hands. He flashed in Cleveland, but as the article said, he can be a headache. I hope he has it together. It could be another great free agent find for Grier and Co.

Well he didnt have sticky hands in Cleveland.

He may be on the 53 but probably more a function of Grier and Flores liking the street free-agent WRs even less. Word out of camp (with some verification by Flores) is that Callaway has yet to learn the playbook or get into game shape.
Source?

Back
Top Bottom