Antonio Gates Doesn't Report To Chargers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antonio Gates Doesn't Report To Chargers

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Chargers | Gates Doesn't Report; to Miss Three Games
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:34:10 -0700

San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates did not report and sign his contract by the team's 12:30 p.m. PT deadline Saturday, Aug. 20. As a result, the team is placing him on a Roster Exempt list and he will not play in the first three games following the date he signs with the team. As it currently stands, he will miss the team's final two preseason games and the first game of the regular season. The Chargers and Gates' agent, Andre Colona, negotiated throughout the morning but could not reach an agreement on years or compensation. Gates is not comfortable playing for his

I don't blame Gates, I think the deal on the table is like 400k thats absurd. I wouldnt play for that if I was him. If he gets hurt he is going to miss out on millions. Gates was probaly the best TE in football last year and a big reason Brees improved his play. If they think they are going to be fine without him they are nuts. Gates is worth good money, Id love to have that guy on our team, he's the biggest mismatch in the NFL and he's only in his 3rd year.

Gates has one good year and wants to be paid incredibly? WTF for all we know he could have been a 1 year wonder (which I think he is) just like a lot of other players. If he can do it again this season, then okay ask for a price raise, but right now you still have to prove yourself.

i think the point is to slide the money out of the organization before the season starts so your assured of a great paycheck..and in case you do badly this season your still payed....now with that said i think Gates is Elite...he evolved with the San Diago offense and is a permanant fixture there...and you have to agree without gates San Diago doesnt do as well as they did last year

So he sits out and is probably losing money now. If SanDiego doesnt redo his contract and he doesnt play where is he gonna make $400,000 this year? These players need to stop with the Its not fair attitude. Life isnt fair just deal with it and go do your job. And for everyone who says he could get hurt and never play again. KIDS play for free college players are playing for free and same with Highschool players. On any given play these players could be paralized.

I just heard on ESPNews earlier today and they said that Gates has reported to the Chargers early this morning.

PhinDude88 said:
I just heard on ESPNews earlier today and they said that Gates has reported to the Chargers early this morning.
Good he is one of my keepers for fantasy football

Back
Top Bottom