Antrel Rolle???? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Antrel Rolle????

I am hoping the titans will draft him. If they do, they better give him number 21, samari's old number.

marino1348 said:
I am hoping the titans will draft him. If they do, they better give him number 21, samari's old number.

Yup, a lot of mock drafts have him projected there. The Titans drafted a big corner in Woolfolk a yr or so ago, so I am thinking its a smoke screen in hopes of one of the top 2 receivers dropping to them. Then again, maybe the guys been a dissapointment to this point.

You said you had classes with Rolle, MissMeth?

Curious, is he a hard worker academically?

Carlos Rogers is better than Rolle...

I'm an Auburn fan, full disclosure there. But Rogers did win a certain award that Rolle was a finalist for and somehow gets overlooked, the Thorpe Award as the BEST corner in the nation last year. Fast, strong, can jump, and his break on the ball is awesome. Hate it that Carlos might be the third corner taken when he's probably the best of the bunch.

Auburnfan4life said:
I'm an Auburn fan, full disclosure there. But Rogers did win a certain award that Rolle was a finalist for and somehow gets overlooked, the Thorpe Award as the BEST corner in the nation last year. Fast, strong, can jump, and his break on the ball is awesome. Hate it that Carlos might be the third corner taken when he's probably the best of the bunch.

Jammar Fletcher won it in 2000. Need I say anything more?

I do think Rogers is good, but I think the only thing he has over Rolle is speed.

SportyPhinGuy said:
Jammar Fletcher won it in 2000. Need I say anything more?

I do think Rogers is good, but I think the only thing he has over Rolle is speed.

I dont actually think that is true. Trels average 40 time is 4.1 but he ran in 3.8 at the combine...

As for the Thorpe award... Sean Taylor didnt get it the year before either and he deserved more than anyone... i just think UM guys are overlooked when it comes to awards.

SportyPhinGuy said:
Hey, the kid did shut down some top receivers in college. Man-to-man looks good, but what about zone. It seems like not all players are made to play in space. The inverse was probably true with Jammar Fletcher.
we dont use zone!!!!!!!!!!! we need a man to man corner. thats why jamar fletcher failed! he was a zone coverage kinda guy

fear-the-d said:
we dont use zone!!!!!!!!!!! we need a man to man corner. thats why jamar fletcher failed! he was a zone coverage kinda guy

First, doesn't Saban/Belichick use more zones in their D's? Which partly explains why their corners are interchangeable...Troy Brown? Probably get more safety help? Not completely sure.

Second, about Fletch, that's what I was saying...he could not succeed in our press coverage. He was purely zone kinda guy.

SportyPhinGuy said:
First, doesn't Saban/Belichick use more zones in their D's? Which partly explains why their corners are interchangeable...Troy Brown? Probably get more safety help? Not completely sure.

Second, about Fletch, that's what I was saying...he could not succeed in our press coverage. He was purely zone kinda guy.

We are going to play more zone than last year. Our defense was already starting to switch over to zone anyway, but Saban will rely on it even more. Gone are the days I think of the Vanilla 4-3 Press Scheme (although I liked it, there were many things I didn't like about it).

nick19991 said:
Rolle shut-down players like L.Fitzgerald and A.Boldin plus he is a great blitzer, he will be great in the NFL

Rolle's style of play does not translate well to the NFL IMO, he got away with alot of excuse the hockey term "clutching and grabbing," I don't think he's even the best CB in the draft and believe Pac-Man Jones is the best CB in the draft while Brandon Browner is the most intriguing.

Saban talked to Rolle because he's trying to feel out the top guys and figure out which one is the best. I mean when you think about it, no matter what your current needs are, you should still draft the best possible player available. I'm not saying that it's Rolle, I'm just saying that Saban needs to make sure.

MissMeth said:
I dont actually think that is true. Trels average 40 time is 4.1 but he ran in 3.8 at the combine...

As for the Thorpe award... Sean Taylor didnt get it the year before either and he deserved more than anyone... i just think UM guys are overlooked when it comes to awards.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Antrel actually posted 4.49 & 4.52 in his two runs during the UM pro day (NFL.com). But, to be honest, a lot of these numbers never really seem to match-up. Some websites/magazines reports conflict.

MissMeth said:

A 4.1? A 3.8? Are we talking about 40 times here?

Back
Top Bottom