Any chance of trading down with Browns? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance of trading down with Browns?

If we can get a 2nd rd.. it would be great. I just dont see it, though.

Depends how bad they want Smith. If they do want to trade then we would get there 2nd. I would prefer their 1st next year. Probably won't happen though.

It would be complete poker-face. If we did so, I think we'd take Ronnie and SF would first have to take a QB also.

But I think the reality is, if we were willing to trade to 3, we weren't shooting for a QB so even if the Browns didn't pull the trigger, we'd end up taking Ronnie. E.g. - The Browns would only trade up to get a QB yet if we didn't take a QB at 2, then they wouldn't need to trade down. We would then have to be aiming for a QB still at 3 and if the trade happened, that wouldn't.

A whole lot of blabber but my heart was in the right place^

No chance

HysterikiLL said:
But I think the reality is, if we were willing to trade to 3, we weren't shooting for a QB

That's the key point. As soon as Cleveland hears any type of serious discussion involving our #2, they know we're not taking a QB so there's no reason for them to trade up.

Let's stop pretending this is a normal year, in which teams below us will drool over a specific player and swap upward. Just place ourselves in their position. If we were at #3 thru #11, would anyone here be desperate to pay the typical chart value price to move up?

Awsi Dooger said:
Just place ourselves in their position. If we were at #3 thru #11, would anyone here be desperate to pay the typical chart value price to move up?

That's a good point. I guess if we were at 11, maybe I'd like to trade a little higher but taking in to consideration what we'd lose in a trade up, no way.

Cadillac and Cedric will be available around there, so I doubt anyone will trade up for Ronnie.

I really don't think Rodgers and Smith would be guys worth giving too much up to get. Most likely, a team would trade a pick that could grab a Kyle Orton, Jason Campbell or Charlie Frye as well as their first round pick where they could take anybody they damn well wanted.

If anyone was looking to trade up, they would be targeting a RB or WR, however both Benson, C. Williams, M. Williams and Edwards will all likely be available between 3-11 so why would other teams not just trade up to those spots and not have to compensate as much.

This draft is really quirky and contorted. You look at potential 1st overall picks - Rodgers, Smith, Brown, Edwards, Mike Williams, Rolle (based on Nolan comments) -- all these players could potentially slip to about 8th -- There is no "lock" player, but merely a clouded bunch of "semi-locks" with the drafts real strength panning out around the early second round.

Saying that, I still think this is a good place for us to pick as I'd rather have a variation of "semi-locks" to choose from then a lesser amount of "locks" that make our choice less versatile.

I've thought about it a lot lately and I've seen people arguing because a conflict of interests with fellow Phin fans.. "No, I want Edwards" "No, I want Brown" "No, I want Smith". LISTEN TO US!!! We're in a magnificent position where whoever we pick is pretty much a goldmine. That's why Saban is not letting up on the value if he is to trade down. I think he would rather take a player at 2 then take two players through the mid first that would pan out to around the same value. I think he's just looking to get a steal where he can get two solid commodity players.

Don't expect you to all rwad that, middle of the night and I'm typing on coffee. Peace!

dominizzo said:
if we do trade cuz browns want smith or rodgers we can get brown but with the points do we get a 2nd or 3rd?

I don't know, I'll give them a call..............................

dominizzo said:
if we do trade cuz browns want smith or rodgers we can get brown but with the points do we get a 2nd or 3rd?

I thought we had a good chance to before, but now that we've all but put a classified ad in the Miami Herald that says "for sale: #2 pick, brand new, will take B/O, call Nick", I think it would be pretty hard to bluff the Browns into thinking that we're falling in love with Smith/Rodgers.

In any event, there's been talk that they're big on Jason Campbell anyway, who will certainly be around for their 2nd round pick.

isn't it funny that we always wanted a better first round pick (or some even a first round pick PERIOD *gives Dave W the evil eye*) and now we have the NUMBER TWO overall pick, don't want it, and can't freakin trade down? Fake interest in Williams or Edwards, then trade a few down with Minn. and pick up Benson or Brown and then smile cuz we have an extra draft pick AND the running back we woulda taken at #2 overall anyway. Any Vikings fans reading this, go away, that's cheating

phunwin said:
I thought we had a good chance to before, but now that we've all but put a classified ad in the Miami Herald that says "for sale: #2 pick, brand new, will take B/O, call Nick", I think it would be pretty hard to bluff the Browns into thinking that we're falling in love with Smith/Rodgers.

In any event, there's been talk that they're big on Jason Campbell anyway, who will certainly be around for their 2nd round pick.

That was the first thing I thought about when I heard that the fins were shopping the No 2 pick.It sends out the wrong signal.It shows that we really are not interested in Smith so why trade up to get him.

The Browns are playing the bluff game very well indicating that they want to trade down too so that they can get Campbell but I would take that with a pinch of salt.Its all part of the game.

I really don't think that the Browns will be looking to move up any. They are in the same boat as the Phins and would rather move further back in the first and pick up more picks.

We also might want to trade down with the Bears because if the Browns are high on Braylon, the Bears might want to trade up to get Braylon for sure. We could trade our 1st for the Bears 1st and 2nd (it works on the Draft Chart.)

no chance of a trade with brownies as we have no leverage they know we don't want a Qb as bad as we want to trade down. even if we take a Qb they get a choice of three splendid rbs or a WR-edwards.:)

i dont think the browns but someone else who wants one of these QBs and needs to get ahead of the browns to take say smith... so basically draft day comes along niners take rogers now a team that wants alex smith will have to trade with us cause its assumed that if available cleveland would take one of these QBs, so a team who wanted one would have to trade with us to get in above cleveland, thats the only situation i can see where we trade down and the only team i htink it might happen with is arizona...

Back
Top Bottom