Any Chance This Happens? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Chance This Happens?

I think Flo wants consistency and simplicity, which I guess Gailey’s offense is. I already feel they will promote from within to keep the system just not sure it will be Fitz.

I think QB Coach Robby Brown gets the nod in that case. Gailey brought him with him and IMHO he's the most likely to replace him.

Fitz has been with Gailey for years with Buffalo, NY, and now Miami. He is a Harvard grad and knows this offense like the back of his hand.

Could you see the Dolphins cultivating Fitz as a future OC over the next couple of seasons as he backs up Tua? He can learn the ins and outs of coming up with a game plan, calling plays during a game, while being a mentor for Tua. When it is time for Gailey to retire, Fitz could take over the OC job and the Dolphins bring in a new backup QB.
Hahahaha
Let it go already dude

cracks me up that everyone here has Fitz as the second coming of Christ
He will move on and so will we

stop torturing yourself over a QB who’s played for 10 teams in his 16 year career

Sports are about ego and money. Fitz has enough money so this is a ego thing. Fitz knows he is running out of time and believes he can play. If that's the case then Fitz should be asked to be released and play for the cowboys it would be a good match at this time. Sounds like his heart is no longer for this team which if we need him to play you can expect a less focused Fitz kinda like Facco for the jets.

I could see QB coach (and hope that could be on the table) but I think OC would be much farther down the line.

Come to think of it, are there any OCs in the league that were NFL QBs?

Harbaugh was a QB for the Colts, then I believe an O-Cordinator, before becaming HC for the 9ers, then leaving for Michigan.

I like the idea of it, but as has been mentioned who knows what the guy does. Still the pieces are in place - current OC old as dirt, maybe ready to ride off into the sunset soon, and as you said if anyone knows this offense it's Fitz. He stays on as backup again next year, knowing he is being groomed for the job, then maybe as assistant for a couple years, Gailey loses purpose after winning 2 straight blowout Superbowls, the 2nd being after only the 2nd undefeated run in NFL history, and Fitz takes over - because why bring in an outsider when you are already the best football team the world has ever seen?

Yup, I could see it.

Back
Top Bottom