Any chance we're at Aarowhead for the Thursday opener in September? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance we're at Aarowhead for the Thursday opener in September?

Reaction score
2023 Kansas City Chiefs Home Games

Denver Broncos
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

The season opener usually isn't a divisional game so I think Denver, Vegas and LA are out. I don't think the Bears or Lions are who they're looking for. That leaves us with the Eagles, Bengals and Bills. The Bills opened at the Rams last year so I don't think they'll go that way again plus I think the Chiefs games with them and the Bengals are too big to put week 1. That would leave us and the super bowl rematch from a year ago. Eagles might make more sense but you could have Tyreek going back home to face the former team plus NBC would have the prospect of healthy Tua in an opener. Don't sleep on us being the opponent. Am I wrongly eliminating the Bills and Bengals or would you guess at either Miami or Philadelphia as the week one opponent?

2023 Kansas City Chiefs Home Games

Denver Broncos
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Chargers
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals
Philadelphia Eagles
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

The season opener usually isn't a divisional game so I think Denver, Vegas and LA are out. I don't think the Bears or Lions are who they're looking for. That leaves us with the Eagles, Bengals and Bills. The Bills opened at the Rams last year so I don't think they'll go that way again plus I think the Chiefs games with them and the Bengals are too big to put week 1. That would leave us and the super bowl rematch from a year ago. Eagles might make more sense but you could have Tyreek going back home to face the former team plus NBC would have the prospect of healthy Tua in an opener. Don't sleep on us being the opponent. Am I wrongly eliminating the Bills and Bengals or would you guess at either Miami or Philadelphia as the week one opponent?
Many times they tend to go with a playoff rematch.

Could be KC/Cincy, but there are a few different strong possibilities.

Last edited:
I get very excited for week 1 every year and do not watch much other football unless during and around a Dolphins game, so I think I would hope they do not play on Thursday and do on Sunday where I can get into my normal routine of immersing in football for about 5 hours. 4 if they lose. This is because I'll watch the pre game and only watch after the game if they win.

With that all said and knowing they do not take into account what I want....then it would be cool, especially if they can start with a win in KC and be the talk going into Sunday.

Lastly, I highly doubt it. Vegas does not have us high for wins and the Philly/ KC rematch will be too sexy for them to not have. I'd wager that will be the Thursday Night game.

Chiefs vs. Lions would have a fun David vs. Goliath vibe. Detroit is ascending, and, so far, have improved via free agency. Sadly, they probably don’t have enough star power to pull a national audience.

I think we have a great chance of playing opening night in KC, but I think the league may prefer Burrowhead drama more than our ascending team and Tyreek Hill.

Of course, a Super Bowl rematch week 1 would be quite epic for TV ratings, so my guess is Eagles, Bengals, and then the Dolphins in probability of opening week 1 in KC.

I hope not.......don’t want to start the year 0-1
It is okay we are just being nice to the 72 team and get the 1 loss out of the way, after that it is undefeated run and a SB

I don't fear KC at all, and I don't foresee our team does either. We will go into KC expecting to win just like we did at Buffalo twice last year.

Our defense can bring it and cover, and our offense can score on KC's defense. So bring on the m'fvckn Chiefs!!

Back
Top Bottom