Any Clemson fans? Ricky Sapp? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Clemson fans? Ricky Sapp?

cuban_refugee

Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day
Club Member
Reaction score
Just saw a Mock with Ricky Sapp at our pick. Don't know much about him - anybody?

CBS Sports has him ranked the 20th Player in the draft with Sergio Kindle 22nd.

I don't like either before the 3rd round. They'll both go in the late 1st or early 2nd, but I don't think they're great prospects. Hughes, Graham, Pierre-Paul, Morgan, Griffen, Worilds, and Coleman (probably forgetting someone) all strike me as better prospects.

He's not even close to that in my opinion.....he's always hurt and struggling with injuries...

Definitely won't play DE in the NFL....he'll either make the transition to stand-up linebacker, or be a rotational player (nickel pass rusher, etc.)...or be out of the league...

I honestly don't view him as a 3 down player right now at all.....I think Sapp and Greg Hardy are two of the more overrated prospects in this entire class...particularly at DE...

I'm not a Clemson fan but because i'm a draftnik i've seen all their games this year.

He's just to weak to come into the NFL and be a OLB in 3-4 or a DE in a 4-3.

If he doesn't get drafted by a 4-3 team and play OLB then he could be in and out of the NFL very fast.

Sapp is next on the list for a breakdown, the video is done, the write up isn't. But some of you may be a little surprised by what you see.

i have talked about this guy alot.he didnt go the the bowls,because he said he wanted to strengthen his knee.he did tear his acl.he needs to use his hands better,getting off blocks.plus he cant stop moving his feet when engaged=he stops for just a second.watch wake he keeps driving with his lower body. 6-4 and 250 and runs a 4.58 40yrd dash.but if you watch him.once disengaged his closing speed is =3 steps is unmatched by any lb in the draft.drafts have him going to the pats and jets in the 1st.kiper doesnt like him this early ,3rd round.my guess would be run game and acl.people talk about sapp being alot like porter.boom or bust player.jets take him and find ways to free him up with there blitz schemes.he becomes a monster if he can stay healthy.we cant take a project at 12.we need a 3 down player.

Well, there´s one thing I know. His triangle numbers are amazing, at 6-4" 245 pounds and he holds the 100m. record for the state of South Carolina at 10.76, thats almost olimpic material right there.

He looks to have pretty fluid hips and change directions well, dont be amazed if he puts up great numbers in the shuttle and cone drill as well as in the 40 yd.

Well, there´s one thing I know. His triangle numbers are amazing, at 6-4" 245 pounds and he holds the 100m. record for the state of South Carolina at 10.76, thats almost olimpic material right there.

He looks to have pretty fluid hips and change directions well, dont be amazed if he puts up great numbers in the shuttle and cone drill as well as in the 40 yd.

Joey, is there anywhere I can verify that - i'd like to use that info....not asking you to do the work, but just asking if you have a source handy.

He's next on my list of players and I'm writing his breakdown now.

I cant post URLS due to a low post count but its in his player bio on cbssports, slash nfl, slash draft, slash players, slash 1130512.

I hope you can put it together.

Its under intangibles on the analysis table, Ill quote it.

"Three-year South Carolina regional champion in the 100 meter (10.76), 200 meter (21.0), and 4x100 meter relay in high school."

Back
Top Bottom