Any Credit to Grier? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

qmar

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A lot of praise for Flores going around and I believe that praise is definitely warranted. He and his staff have coached these guys up tremendously.

I'm curious if Grier deserves any credit for signing some of these street FA and UDFAs who have at least shown some level of talent amidst this great coaching culture.

I can't imagine Flores and staff are completely controlling decisions made by the GM.

Got to give him credit for building a good front office staff who seems to be informing him along with the coaching staff. Adding Allen and McKenzie to the FO and having Flo and his staff showing so much promise and building a culture on the field will be beneficial with an entire scouting year under them going into the most important off season in recent memory.

Got to give him credit for building a good front office staff who seems to be informing him along with the coaching staff. Adding Allen and McKenzie to the FO and having Flo and his staff showing so much promise and building a culture on the field will be beneficial with an entire scouting year under them going into the most important off season in recent memory.

Truer words have not been written.

Projected at #1 in cap space.

13 possibly 14 picks.

It's our time to set the NFL world on fire.

13 possibly 14 picks.

I hope this isn't abused, with the new mentality the coaching staff is establishing Id rather get some good gritty hard working players who can have impact rather than spend it all on 2 guys. Yes we have a lot of young talent that will come in the next few years via the draft but still want flexibility when its time to pay them.

A lot of praise for Flores going around and I believe that praise is definitely warranted. He and his staff have coached these guys up tremendously.

I'm curious if Grier deserves any credit for signing some of these street FA and UDFAs who have at least shown some level of talent amidst this great coaching culture.

I can't imagine Flores and staff are completely controlling decisions made by the GM.
Oh I definitely give and gave him credit for the offseason. Not only signing some of the UDFA or the "off the street" signings but also for clearing the cap for next year as well as getting us draft picks in every possible way.

In all honesty it was one of the better off seasons we had.

Flores and Grier are a team and at this point is the first HC/GM combo in forever who work hand in hand.

13 possibly 14 picks.

Looks great on paper but the reality is teams hit on about 50% of their picks. We're probably looking at about 6-7 starters, generously. Not to mention some rookies take 3-4 years to reach their potential.

The cap space is nice but this is not the year to be spending. Free agents contracts usually last 2-3 years. By the time this team is good, those FA's will be heading out the door. Ideally we need to rollover as much of the money as possible to 2021.

Looks great on paper but the reality is teams hit on about 50% of their picks. We're probably looking at about 6-7 starters, generously. Not to mention some rookies take 3-4 years to reach their potential.

The cap space is nice but this is not the year to be spending. Free agents contracts usually last 2-3 years. By the time this team is good, those FA's will be heading out the door. Ideally we need to rollover as much of the money as possible to 2021.
And that is why we have all these draft picks. Hitting on possibly 6-7 players per draft is better than 2-3 players.

Happy with Grier. I don't think you could have expected the type of return we got for shipping out players so quickly into their NFL career.

Agree or disagree with the moves, we got tremendous value.

Oh no doubts there but those 6-7 aren't going to be pros out the gate. Still, a long ways to go.
Huh? Isn't every draft about the future? Some players hit earlier, some later. But the bottomline is that the more draft picks you have the better your chances are that you will have a good bunch of core players in anywhere between 1 to 3 years.

Oh no doubts there but those 6-7 aren't going to be pros out the gate. Still, a long ways to go.

As a number have said, getting 'average' players in any draft is a win. Getting 5 'average' guys, one 'above average' and one top 10 would be a BIG win. All Pro is going further that I think is reasonable, but not out of the question. In any case, 6-7 of those guys would upgrade 6-7 positions. A couple of quality FA and this team will be much better.

Yup...3 starters is normally considered a good draft. Im hoping for 4-6 starters with a similar amount of depth/ST players. But if you throw in another 3-4 starters through FA, we've come a long way...in effect, new starters for most of one side of the ball (I'm not proposing we go all D or all O, just illustrating the impact). We have some talent on both sides of the ball and not everyone has to be a potential pro bowler.

As a number have said, getting 'average' players in any draft is a win. Getting 5 'average' guys, one 'above average' and one top 10 would be a BIG win. All Pro is going further that I think is reasonable, but not out of the question. In any case, 6-7 of those guys would upgrade 6-7 positions. A couple of quality FA and this team will be much better.
Yup...3 starters is normally considered a good draft. Im hoping for 4-6 starters with a similar amount of depth/ST players. But if you throw in another 3-4 starters through FA, we've come a long way...in effect, new starters for most of one side of the ball (I'm not proposing we go all D or all O, just illustrating the impact). We have some talent on both sides of the ball and not everyone has to be a potential pro bowler.

That's what people don't understand. You build a team through the draft, FA, UDFA and post UDFA signings. All these processes go hand in hand. If you get a 50% hit rate on 14 draft picks, get 2-4 starters in FA and fill up your roster with decent UDFAs the turn around can happen much faster than most expect.

Huh? Isn't every draft about the future? Some players hit earlier, some later. But the bottomline is that the more draft picks you have the better your chances are that you will have a good bunch of core players in anywhere between 1 to 3 years.
How many of our core players from the last 3 drafts are making a difference? This is going to be a 3 year build, to be a solid team. It's not a one year, most cap space, most draft picks, boomshakalaka, playoffs turnaround.

Back
Top Bottom