Any Credit to Grier? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

Really? I'm not sure how anybody could know for sure about Rosen. There's a guy in GB that couldn't beat out the guy in front of him for years, that's pretty good, maybe Rosen need to learn how to read a defense? Just sayin'.
When Fitz went out due to the concussion protocol and they brought Rosen in to hand the ball off 3 times, once being on 3rd and 6... they know, just like I know. They have little faith in him and for good reason. He's awful.

Fair enough.

So where do you rate a guy like Flacco?

Consistently in the playoffs, a SB win, very solid (not spectacular) numbers, but for most of his career aided by a top defense.

I don't consider him "elite", but it wouldn't surprise me if he gets into the HOF.
There is no way. I mean none that flacco get to the hof.

A lot of praise for Flores going around and I believe that praise is definitely warranted. He and his staff have coached these guys up tremendously.

I'm curious if Grier deserves any credit for signing some of these street FA and UDFAs who have at least shown some level of talent amidst this great coaching culture.

I can't imagine Flores and staff are completely controlling decisions made by the GM.
Grier gets props for aquiring draft picks that may mean nothing unless the talent we aquire via the picks is greater than the talent we traded away. So just from that perspective the jury is still out.
In addition though there is a murkey picture in regards Griers past here in the draft and how unsuccessful or successful he has been in our past drafts. Come back to this question in 2 years and he will either be the heroe or goat

This isn't rocket science. Rosen isn't good at football and that's why he's not starting. The quickest way to lose the locker room is to bench the guy who is playing well and winning games for the guy who made this team look like an embarrassment. If you haven't seen enough of Rosen at this point to conclude that he isn't the guy going forward, then that's on you, not Flores.

Well, it's a little bit rocket sciency because there are a couple of questions to ask:

Are we planning to keep the old man for another year? If so, why risk getting him hurt when the season is mathematically done and done?

Are we planning on keeping Rosen? He did cost a 2 and he is young. If so, why not give him the opportunity to grow and learn and vibe with the offense?

So, for the record, I'm not a rocket scientist. I just wanna put that out there. Lol

But I do believe my questions have validity: why risk injuring Fitz if the season is over? Why not give Rosen a chance to better himself if the season is over?

Well, it's a little bit rocket sciency because there are a couple of questions to ask:

Are we planning to keep the old man for another year? If so, why risk getting him hurt when the season is mathematically done and done?

Are we planning on keeping Rosen? He did cost a 2 and he is young. If so, why not give him the opportunity to grow and learn and vibe with the offense?

So, for the record, I'm not a rocket scientist. I just wanna put that out there. Lol

But I do believe my questions have validity: why risk injuring Fitz if the season is over? Why not give Rosen a chance to better himself if the season is over?
Because their idea of playing out the season isn't to make the playoffs. It's to instill culture, create good habits etc. It's not like there were playoff expectations before the season started and after we are eliminated it goes to just "Oh shucks, let's not try anymore."

Also, maybe they think that the best way for Rosen to learn is by watching Fitz. He clearly wasn't learning while playing.

Because their idea of playing out the season isn't to make the playoffs. It's to instill culture, create good habits etc. It's not like there were playoff expectations before the season started and after we are eliminated it goes to just "Oh shucks, let's not try anymore."

Also, maybe they think that the best way for Rosen to learn is by watching Fitz. He clearly wasn't learning while playing.

Come on, dude.

Good habits? "Oh shucks, let's not try anymore"? By that logic, will we risk good habits and stop trying if it's Tua, which has the probability of struggling a bit, over Fitz? Will that break the locker room, the culture?

If Flores has the locker room, they'll follow him to water and drink despite the camel being ridden.

I agree with you that keeping Fitz starting is a never-going-to-quit mentality.

But you have to weigh the risk vs the rewards. There is no reward in risking injury. There is no reward in quiting on Rosen already.

Again, if Flores has the locker room, they will fight hard for him no matter who starts under center.

When Fitz went out due to the concussion protocol and they brought Rosen in to hand the ball off 3 times, once being on 3rd and 6... they know, just like I know. They have little faith in him and for good reason. He's awful.
Respectfully disagree.
No QB will throw a pass when he comes cold like that of the bench. Rosen did not have time to do any warm up throws.
That was not lack of faith in Rosen but smart coaching.

Last edited:
Yeah great credit for what? Trading away first round picks for his tenure for future picks?

Respectfully disagree.
No QB will throw a pass when he comes cold like that of the bench. Rosen did not have time to do any warm up throws.
That was not lack of faith in Rosen but smart coaching.

I wholeheartedly agree but a pass on 3rd would've been nice. Kinda like when a QB throws an INT and the very next possession they go right back to a pass to let the QB know they're with him all the way.

But the calls were smart. No sense in risking a turnover and beating ourselves.

Love the biegel trade for kiko. Love it. Kid is not a role player will be a key piece. Great under rated move! So go Grier!! Only far to give him props if I point out errors.

I wholeheartedly agree but a pass on 3rd would've been nice. Kinda like when a QB throws an INT and the very next possession they go right back to a pass to let the QB know they're with him all the way.

But the calls were smart. No sense in risking a turnover and beating ourselves.
If it been a regular switch like injury to the starting QB or bringing in the backup because the starter sucks donkey I am sure we would have tried a throw on 3rd and 6. A backup QB usually has a a couple minutes to toss the ball around and get the feel for it. In this instance there was 0 preparation time. In that case you risk a turnover or an injury to Rosen (there is something to be said about warming and stretching those muscles).
Not sure if they would have tried a pass if they would have been further back but I doubt it.

Love the biegel trade for kiko. Love it. Kid is not a role player will be a key piece. Great under rated move! So go Grier!! Only far to give him props if I point out errors.

We've won games against a very bad team and one having a very bad day with a backup QB because we played smart football with role players. I can still scarcely see a guy on the entire team who wouldn't be a role player on a real team, including Biegel. Role players have a job for sure.

Back
Top Bottom