Any Credit to Grier? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Credit to Grier?

He's done great setting himself and the team for success. The draft is the first big test. And even then, no matter what he does, we're gonna have mixed feelings about it. It won't be until the end of the 2021 season we will all know exactly what we got.

My jury is still out on him. This off season will make or break him, so many things he could do right or get wrong.

I give Grier for getting rid of bad contracts.....keep in mind he was part of the FO that gave away those contracts........I give him credit for getting good value with his trades and for hiring Flores.

I give him credit for the good and not for the bad. I don't expect him to be perfect.

Now comes the main part. He has almost a blank canvas with plenty of money and picks. Can he use those two the right way? We'll find out in the next couple of years.

This is exactly my line of thinking, he has in front of him a blank slate, and it starts in 2020.

The trades to get even more picks, and getting the top cap space looks great, but if he drops the ball with FA and the draft, he will look twice as bad in getting rid of real up and coming talent for failed players.

As long as fans don't make a FINAL decision on the draft before game 1 '20

Personally I won't. But he has a few things he has to do to prove we are on the right path.

1. Get a Franchise QB
2. Use FA to build experience on the Oline, add talent if available through the draft.
3. Find some pass rush, tbf he tried to get Clowney which was absolutely the right thing to do.
4. Fix our running game.
5. Find some talent for that secondary.

The bulk of those 5 areas for me need to be well on the way to being fixed this off season, we have the resources available to us to be able to do that, with the final few holes and any icing for the cake asses in the following season. If we are not at a level where the Texans (for example) currently are in two years time, he's failed in my view, we need to be a contender.

Happy, but that minkah trade was horrible imho

Personally I won't. But he has a few things he has to do to prove we are on the right path.

1. Get a Franchise QB
2. Use FA to build experience on the Oline, add talent if available through the draft.
3. Find some pass rush, tbf he tried to get Clowney which was absolutely the right thing to do.
4. Fix our running game.
5. Find some talent for that secondary.

The bulk of those 5 areas for me need to be well on the way to being fixed this off season, we have the resources available to us to be able to do that, with the final few holes and any icing for the cake asses in the following season. If we are not at a level where the Texans (for example) currently are in two years time, he's failed in my view, we need to be a contender.

My only qualification is the varying definitions of "franchise" on FH and among football fans in general. If you mean franchise like Sanchez was franchise, that's a reasonable (dare I say 'easy') target. If you mean PManning or Montana, the best he can do is make a valid attempt.

My only qualification is the varying definitions of "franchise" on FH and among football fans in general. If you mean franchise like Sanchez was franchise, that's a reasonable (dare I say 'easy') target. If you mean PManning or Montana, the best he can do is make a valid attempt.
Nobody, I never even met a jets fan that though butt fumble was ever "franchise"

You don't remember Sanchise?
Honestly no first time I saw that. And that is funny. Back in the day I remember nyjunk I think it was. But he was an idiot so I blocked him...Man did I really miss funny **** lol

It's a fair point, franchise QB has different meaning to different folks, is Philip Rivers one for example ? We've proved that someone of Tannehill's ability (who's playing really well at Tenn right now) is not good enough to get this team to be a contender, and therefore not a Franchise QB in my view. To expect that they draft a Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Brady or Brees may be unrealistic, but I would hope we can at least expect a QB that we can get excited about and has the potential to reached that level. In the league right now, you can probably add Big Ben, Watson, Murray, Allen, Ryan (although his star is fading), Wentz, Goff, Prescott and Rivers as QB's that would probably be consider the franchise guy at the place they are playing. That's almost half of the NFL teams, we should at least expect our FO to be able to find one QB to match that group with all the stock we have.

What picks did Chris Grier knock out of the park this year? So far the draft has produced no servicable starters other than Wilkins. Deiter may not be a starter for long.

The only 2 good moves by Grier this offseason are Walton and Preston Williams. I will admit we got value when we traded everyone but you cant base a GM's job on just 1 facet.

I think we can do better at GM but at the very least I hope we get rid of Grier if he ****s up this offseason.

What I see in pro football is there aren't enough of any one position to fill out the league competitively. That goes for head coaches and GM's also. If you give up on Grier before you know for sure, you might hire another TBum. We gave up on Speilman and he's had Minnesota competitive for awhile now, as opposed to this once proud franchise. We are re-building. You have to clear the deck to do that, and Grier has done a good job of that. As far as him being a part of the front office that got us here, I don't think he ever had much say so in the final outcome. My 2 cents.

Foremost, I give him credit for being secure enough to hire Reggie McKenzie, and to me, more importantly Marvin Allen who worked hand in hand with John Dorsey. I believe pre season machinations are largely a byproduct of their input and influence.

Reactions: MD
Back
Top Bottom