Any doubters? Surprising Saints shock Eagles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any doubters? Surprising Saints shock Eagles

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score

After a quiet five games, Joe Horn suddenly looked like the star player he was in 2004, with his shoulder-shaking end zone dances and game-changing catches.

He wasn’t the only one dancing.

A packed crowd in the Louisiana Superdome watched the revamped New Orleans Saints pull out a legitimizing victory over one of most feared teams in the NFL. Kept out of the end zone until Sunday, Horn caught touchdown passes of 14 and 48 yards, then John Carney hit a 31-yard field goal as time expired for a 27-24 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.

“I’ve got to keep doing a better job of getting him involved early on,” Saints first-year coach Sean Payton said of his veteran receiver, who finished with six catches for 110 yards. “He plays hard and has been fantastic. He is everything you want in a player. If he has two catches and we win he is happy. ... I admire that about him.”

New Orleans (5-1) enters its bye week atop the NFC South. If anyone still doubts the surprising start of a team that went 3-13 last season, the Eagles (4-2), favored on the road coming in, can’t be counted among the critics. Nor could many in the raucous, sold-out Louisiana Superdome, which rained down earsplitting cheers in support of New Orleans’ defense and erupted in celebration as Carney’s winning kick left his foot clearly on target.

“It’s a whole different team,” said Eagles defensive end Darren Howard, who played for New Orleans last season. “They’re doing it with a young set of guys who don’t remember what happened in years past. ... It’s six games and they’re 5-1. It’s hard to say anything but they’re legitimate.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15279068/

I still have my doubts, sure they can beat anyone at home but that is because of what happened to the city with Katrina and all. so they play above themselves at home but they have yet to win a meaningful away game

nick1 said:
I still have my doubts, sure they can beat anyone at home but that is because of what happened to the city with Katrina and all. so they play above themselves at home but they have yet to win a meaningful away game

that's what everyone's been saying since the season started, and they just keep on winning. I'm a believer now.

Saints really outplayed the Panthers on the road and really should be undefeated. They have played strong on the road but even stronger at home. No one has beat them in our house and if were lucky maybe we will get some home field advantage for the playoffs. You guys still think Drew Brees wasnt worth the money he was asking?

dominizzo said:
Saints will win the super bowl
It was a good win...the Eagles are a good team. Brees found 10 different receivers today. Deuce McAllister did what he always does, move the chains. Reggie Bush distracted the Eagles LBs. Hollis Thomas was a man on fire today. The LBs continued their solid (but not spectacular) play. The secondary....well the limited their PI call to only two or three today. But the biggest reasons the Saints won today were 1.) Sean Payton - what a difference a HC makes. 2.) Drew Brees - what a difference a real QB makes 3.) the OL - the Eagles led the league in sacks. Guess how many they had today? Zero. BTW the Panthers DL is better than the Eagles. They sacked Brees once.

As a Saints fan I am cautiously optimistic that this Saints team is a playoff team. Superbowl team? Probably not yet, they still need a few players here or there. But this team continues to improve, we Saints fans are in uncharted territory.......

they also play in the nfc.lets be real if we were in the nfc we would probably have won at least 3 games now.if they were in our position they would probably have two wins.but i do like the fact that they are giving new orleans hope for waht they had to go through

BTW the receiver pictured diving into the endzone with two Eagles DBs hanging on him is super rookie, Marques Colston, not Joe Horn....

Back
Top Bottom