Any feasible trade down options? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any feasible trade down options?

If Mayfield or Allen is there no way do I trade I draft them!!

Not me.

Unfortunately if one or both of them are there at 11 it means that Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds and Derwin James are all probably gone.

In that situation I would look to trade down for as much as I could get.

If Smith, James or Edmunds are still there, I would need a premium to trade down and possibly pass up on all 3 of them.

I'm assuming Minkah isn't making it to 11 regardless of how many QBs go ahead of us.

Not me.

Unfortunately if one or both of them are there at 11 it means that Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds and Derwin James are all probably gone.

In that situation I would look to trade down for as much as I could get.

If Smith, James or Edmunds are still there, I would need a premium to trade down and possibly pass up on all 3 of them.

I'm assuming Minkah isn't making it to 11 regardless of how many QBs go ahead of us.
I consider Mayfield and Allen a complete upgrade to tanny and build the future team around either of them. No way I pass over the opportunity to set our team up for the next decade for year 7 and 8 of an average tannyhill. Nobody remotely knows how tanny is going to be on the field. He hasn't played in a year and half, 20 games. 2 major knee injuries. And he was only average before the injuries posting a less than .500 career winning percentage. I don't know how you pass on the talent of Mayfield or Allen.

I consider Mayfield and Allen a complete upgrade to tanny and build the future team around either of them. No way I pass over the opportunity to set our team up for the next decade for year 7 and 8 of an average tannyhill. Nobody remotely knows how tanny is going to be on the field. He hasn't played in a year and half, 20 games. 2 major knee injuries. And he was only average before the injuries posting a less than .500 career winning percentage. I don't know how you pass on the talent of Mayfield or Allen.

I'm not sold on either of them as a pro.

We have lots of needs.

We can get an impact player.

I'm of the school of thought that we build around Tannehill, that he'll be healthy, and that he is an ascending player.

To the OP, nobody is trading up for a run stuffing DT anymore. The value of those types of players is gone. Danny Shelton, drafted 12th overall in 2016, was traded for a bag of half inflated footballs. Dlineman, no matter which position, need to be pass rushers. We supposedly had the best DT in football the past few years & how did that work out for our D? The Panthers also don't need a DT. They still have Kawann Short, 2016 first rounder Vernon Butler, & signed Dontari Poe. Unless a QB miraculously falls, & the Bills don't trade ahead of us, there isn't a target to trade up for.

As it looks right now Allen, Rosen, Darnold, Barkley, Nelson, Chubb, Edmunds, & Ward will be gone & tend to believe someone will trade up for Mayfield. That leaves us to choose between between three of the four: Vea, Roquan, Fitzpatrick, & James. I would be giddy to get any of the latter three.

Dlineman, no matter which position, need to be pass rushers. We supposedly had the best DT in football the past few years & how did that work out for our D?

Amen to this brother!....Given the needs we have and the future of our cap I would make the above trade ....gain 2 more picks in the top 100???....I'm in.... we are not 1 pick away from a top 10 team

I'm not sold on either of them as a pro.

We have lots of needs.

We can get an impact player.

I'm of the school of thought that we build around Tannehill, that he'll be healthy, and that he is an ascending player.
That's a big gamble to me thou. We lost tanny in 2016 and any chance in the playoffs. He was supposed to be back for 17 and then we lose him for the year. He's now missed the last 20 games. To me it's to big of a gamble to simply believe not only is he 100% healthy but an ascending player in year 7 at the age of 30 with massive knee injury concerns. I can't go through another year like last year.

That's a big gamble to me thou. We lost tanny in 2016 and any chance in the playoffs. He was supposed to be back for 17 and then we lose him for the year. He's now missed the last 20 games. To me it's to big of a gamble to simply believe not only is he 100% healthy but an ascending player in year 7 at the age of 30 with massive knee injury concerns. I can't go through another year like last year.
I don't think the ACL is the massive injury concern it was years ago.

The vast majority of players recover from surgery as strong or stronger than ever.

I agree we need a veteran back up that's better than Matt Moore or Jay Cutler in case anything happens to Tannehill (knee or otherwise). Drafting a rookie in the top 11 isn't really going to help you if Tannehill gets knocked out of the lineup.

I don't think the ACL is the massive injury concern it was years ago.

The vast majority of players recover from surgery as strong or stronger than ever.

I agree we need a veteran back up that's better than Matt Moore or Jay Cutler in case anything happens to Tannehill (knee or otherwise). Drafting a rookie in the top 11 isn't really going to help you if Tannehill gets knocked out of the lineup.
True ACL surgery has come a long way. I never wish injury or lack of ability to return from one on anyone. So I hope he bounces back. That aside I believe any of the top 4 qbs can play as a rookie and would therefore be the best backup plan. Has anyone actually heard anything on tanny. I for one haven't heard a peep.

True ACL surgery has come a long way. I never wish injury or lack of ability to return from one on anyone. So I hope he bounces back. That aside I believe any of the top 4 qbs can play as a rookie and would therefore be the best backup plan. Has anyone actually heard anything on tanny. I for one haven't heard a peep.
He's using his repaired knee to sculpt diamonds!

And good luck with any of those guys starting as rookies (which we may get to see for 4 other teams this season).

I love the idea of trading down as long as we're still within the range of Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch, or Will Hernandez. We have a lot of holes. I'd love to pick up an additional two and three.

With that being said, however, I wouldn't pass on Smith/Edmunds or James/Fitzpatrick at 11. You can build your defense around one of those guys. I'm assuming Mayfield, Rosen, Nelson are surely gone. If Josh Allen is on the board, then we have a shot to fleece the hell out of another team though.

Last edited:
If we trade back I would want to target Vander Esch. He could very well go in the teen's tho. I say stay put and draft at 11 if you can get Edmunds/James/Fitzpatrick/Smith even
One of those guys will be there guaranteed!

Arizona might be looking to deal up for a quarterback.

I think there will be teams looking to get Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph, once those top four quarterbacks are gone. If one of the top four falls (very doubtful), I think Miami takes one rather than trading the pick.

Back
Top Bottom