Any final FAs you’d like to see Dolphins pick up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any final FAs you’d like to see Dolphins pick up?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Really pleased that we built half a defense in FA and improved our ST unit. We still have some money to spend id guess around 20 mill or so, that’s budgeting for rookies and saving some money to roll over for next season. Who interests you guys?
For me it’s: Andrus Peat (not sure why he hasn’t had a big market I thought he was a really solid player), Ted Karras (Wanted McGovern but he’s a Jet now), and then I’d really like to add one more nickel corner I know we already spent a boatload on corners but Brian Poole or Mackensie Alexander one of those young Nickels to really solidify the back end. Probably can only Afford 2 Of those guys for my budget. But that’d have me super optimistic heading to draft (already very pleased)

Trent Williams would be nice. He could anchor the line for 3-5 years. Front load that deal to make it sustainable and easy to get out of later

What’s the point of acquiring him if your planning his exit? He’s not even a FA. He’s also not exactly a picture of health.

Not worth deviating from the plan.

A player who can come in and start in the interior of the o line. Right now that seems like the only area, besides qb of curse, that needs addressing.

Trent Williams would be nice. He could anchor the line for 3-5 years. Front load that deal to make it sustainable and easy to get out of later
I think along those same lines regarding front loading deals, but then I think, "Hmm... Doesn't that also make it easier for a guy to hold out for a new deal?"

Maybe someone can explain where I'm wrong with that train of thought.

Trent Williams is probably only plug and play option for LT that would be able to really stabilize the line. But don’t like the idea of giving up a pick and a huge contract for an older player. Doesn’t fit with plan we have in place

No one has mentioned a certain someone who recently applied for reinstatement and hasn’t played in 3 or 4 years but at one point was on pace to be one of the greatest pass rushers of all time.

I understand why no one has mentioned him but if there is no risk?

I’m just saying, kick the tires and see how much dust comes off. If the Ferrari is now a Corolla, move on.

30 isn’t the same as 33 or 34 when your talking Ferrari’s.

WR Robby Anderson to replace the deep threat hole left when Kenny Stills left. But he'll probably be way too expensive and I rather not spend that much on a WR.

Back
Top Bottom