any idea what their worth? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

any idea what their worth?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Hey y'all, i went to the mall today to eat with my gf, and it just so happened that they had a card show.

Now, i haven't bought cards for quite a few years. I bought manning and Ricky years, but that's it in my whole life.

ANYWAY, for sentimental purposes only, I bought some cards today. I've started a collection of Dophins stuff (glasses, towels, even have a REALLY neat Budweiser neon sign) for my "future" personal bar. hahaha yeah right..but I try to keep my eyes open when I see stuff.

Card sellers are notorious ripper offers, but I actually think I came out on top of this one. But I'm having a hard time finding prices as I dont' have a subscription to beckett. Does anyone know if I came out on top? Like I say, I bougth these for no more than I thought they were worth to me, and don't plan on selling them. I plan on making a nice glass shelf to hold these, and future paraphenalia (anyone have a marino or william autographed jersey or helmet they want to sell cheap? :)

The one I think I lost out on was.....

UD GRADED Dan Marino Game Used Jersey card from upper Deck. (i can't find the year) no. G-DM. I got that for 25 bucks. The other guy wanted MUCH more for his dan cards, so i went to this guy to buy.

For 30 dollars lump sum, I got 3 cards from the other guy.

I got a 2002 Playoff Piece of the Game Zach Thomas card number PG-58. I figure it'd be nice to have a piece of our great LB's jersey.

Also in that guy, I got a 2003 leaf certified Materials Chirs Chambers "certified potential" gameworn jersey card. It's also numbered 84/125 number CP-4. Once again, sentimental value. I was really after my 3rd card, he just threw those 2 others in for 15 bucks..i couldn't resist.

The thrid card I got is a Topps Finest numer 101 Authentic Gmae-worn Jersey Ricky Williams card. That one is about 19 bucks from what I find.

i can't find the CC or Dan cards anywhere on the net. No one has them for sale from what I can find. But i found the Ricky and Zach ones online for less, though reserve hasn't been met on them. That $19.99 figure came from the beckett site.

Ok, now tell me if I got hosed, or got a good deal. i really dont' care, as their all jersey cards, and worth it to me. I'd just like to know if inthe future I should wait on a buy liek this.

The Marino was a good deal, about average.

30 bucks for those 3 cards is a tad pricey. I would have gone 20 or 25 at the most. Even if it is numbered, CC isn't valued high. Nice cards though.

Back
Top Bottom