Any Interest in rb David Johnson this offseason? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Interest in rb David Johnson this offseason?

KBEE

Club Member
Reaction score
Looks like David Johnson is on the outs in Arizona. He just signed a big contract last year and now he is riding the pine. They might be looking to do a salary dump trade (ala Osweiler, Talib). Maybe we can get Johnson and a 2nd round pick for one of our late round picks. We will have the salary space and a need for a rb.

I would be interest at the right price, but it would have to be a very team friendly deal and I doubt he would sign a deal like that with a non-playoff contending team. His health has been a big issue for several seasons now and he also has struggled to really produce when the offensive line is struggling.

He’s fallen off since the injuries, the RB decline is steep when injuries take away that burst. I rather draft a stud or if we’re gonna overpay a RB go after Derrick Henry or Melvin Gordon in FA

I'd try to grab an underutilized back for a mid rounder. Think an Aaron Jones. low usage but effective when he gets the ball. That's the kind of running back you want. Guys like DJ are to beat up to be effective or last

He is a perfect example on why I’ll never draft a rb high. Massive production for 3 years and just fell off the map still in his mid 20s

No way. Instead, let’s get Gore back (kidding). Unless the back is super special, just keep breeding young ones, run up the miles and repeat. Very short (productive) tread life on these backs.

Back
Top Bottom