Any Interest in rb David Johnson this offseason? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Interest in rb David Johnson this offseason?

Looks like David Johnson is on the outs in Arizona. He just signed a big contract last year and now he is riding the pine. They might be looking to do a salary dump trade (ala Osweiler, Talib). Maybe we can get Johnson and a 2nd round pick for one of our late round picks. We will have the salary space and a need for a rb.
I prefer to draft rbs. Less wear and cheaper.

I dont think this coaching staff really prioritizes a high end RB talent, not that Johnson is that so much anymore. But as others have said look for a 3rd round or later guy who can catch and block. We will never have an all star RB more like 3 guys who each have a skill set to fit our game plan and offensive style.

I really dont get mocks having us take Swift in the 1st, I'm a HUGE UGA guy but that's just a luxury position and you can get a guy like Eno Benjamin in the 3rd and probably would get equal production with the role they would hold in the offensive system.

We need to stop looking at other draft picks and saying "seeeeee i told you he would be great" seems we finally have a staff building a culture and idea of execution. Players that come in will fit that mold, so you cant compare 1 for 1 gotta see how they work with what our staff has in mind.

That being said if we took Swift 1C I would support it and probably buy a jersey the next day haha.

a running back that's both injured and expensive? SIGN ME UP

but serious hard pass

look to the draft and build the o line. that's where your production comes from

agreed with those who say no to RB in the first and 2nd rounds. Its a luxury pick. Saquon Barkley was the best RB to ever come out supposedly, and his team has only won 2 games this year. You dont need a top RB to win games.

Lots talk about giving a big contract to Derrick Henry. Maybe, but that still doesnt mean super bowl.

No RB can do good on a poor OL. Barry Sanders is in his prime couldnt do good on a poor OL. Fix the OL, then find the RB

I think I'd pass.

He's dealt with injuries a lot lately it feels like

had tons of talent but, not sure I would want to spend the coin on him. Draft a guy in the mid rounds, and maybe a late rounder too

Swift/Dobbins in round 2 or I'm waiting until the 3rd or 4th round. Probably doubling up. I like Laird as a third guy.

We had drake...
I like Drake and hoped we would have kept him. Fine player. Not a bell cow but teams that win SBs these days seem to have a more diverse backfield w multiple backs. Very talented (and fast) player who could run, catch and block well - and make big plays.

Most of you guys don't get it. We would be getting compensation to take on his contract. Maybe we won't get a 2nd as the op proposed cause his contract is big as in rb big, not QB big, but an extra 3rd would be sweet. I'd be on board.

Derrick Henry fits the power run offense of the Titans so does Tannehill's big arm.

I would expect both to be priority signings by the Titans

Most of you guys don't get it. We would be getting compensation to take on his contract. Maybe we won't get a 2nd as the op proposed cause his contract is big as in rb big, not QB big, but an extra 3rd would be sweet. I'd be on board.

if the deal makes a lot of sense in building our draft capabilities and the contract is average.

Back
Top Bottom