Any news on Baz?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any news on Baz??

MNFINFAN

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of the Mods or friends of Josh have heard anything of him. I have not seen his name on any of the UDRFA. Let us know if he has had any interest from any teams.

I saw one list of all the players that were eligible for the draft and I could not find Baz's name on there..

maybe he withdrew???

Baz gave me permission to share this with you guys. I stay in touch with him now and then and he's been really busy. He withdrew three weeks ago. He didnt get a good enough vibe that he would get a good look even if he wasnt drafted. In addition to him struggling to make a team, which he wouldnt have that great of a chance, he had family problems he had to deal with.

The good news is that at least Baz will be sticking around here for awhile :) Best of luck in your future endeavors Baz.

Sorry about my absence guys. Like Matt said, I withdrew from the draft about three weeks ago. I know most people won't agree with my decision, no matter the explanation, but I'm going to try anyways......

Without going into too much detail, I play a large role in taking care of my grandparents, especially my grandmother. While I've been away at workouts, meetings, etc., my family has struggled to stay on top of things. After our official pro-day, I was pretty much told that I will not get drafted, and would be a longshot to make an NFL roster. In fact, one not-so-nice scout called it a pipe-dream. I don't care about what they think honestly, but it did play a major role in my withdrawl. I was willing to have my family struggle for a couple months if it meant me making an NFL roster, and then being able to send them money back to get on top of things. On the flip side, what happens if I'm invited to camp, I spend 4 months from now until finals cuts in August in another city, and come back with nothing to show for it? I would have let my family fall apart for nothing. Thats a chance I wasn't willing to take honestly. They have fought so hard for so long to get to where they are, I'd hate to be the one to ruin it because of my selfish wants.

Anyways, I hope you all understand why I withdrew. I apologize I didn't tell you all when I was doing it. I knew if I did there would have been several posts telling me why I shouldn't do it, and I didn't want to deal with having to explain myself over and over again......

Maybe you could take a year away from football, work out, etc and try again next year if family situation allows :)

Baz, totally understandable. Family always comes before football. All things considered, I think you're doing the right thing, even though I was really hoping we'd see you playing on Sundays.

Baz ... to quote Van Halen: right now, nothing is more expensive than regret. Your priorities are on the money. I feel for your disappointment, but I'm with Phil -- you're doing the right thing.

Josh, you are a great man. I say this because your heart and mind are both in the right place. I applaud you for doing what you're doing.

God Bless.

Gram

Josh Bazinet will still be a rookie on the phins when i buy Madden2006 this year. :)

Baz. If I was in your shoes i would have done the same exact thing. Dreams are worth chasing unless they destory your reality. Im glad you went family over football man :)
Good luck with things out there!

Back
Top Bottom