Any news on Michael Egnew? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any news on Michael Egnew?

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I was searching for the most silly draft quotes that 'draft gurus' made last April on Tannehill, and suddenly found few of those guys expressed well from 3rd round pick TE Michael Egnew, which has been 100% out of radar.

Since he represents the first half of Brandon Marshall's trade, I think it would be interesting to know about his current development.

Any news on him?

The news on Enew is he was last seen reading the the Chad Johnson story a book on how to become a unrestricted Free Agent.

On a serious note none I have not heard of any Egnew news..

Apparently he is improving and could get a game is Clay doesn't step up soon. His absence could be as much about giving Clay a chance as anything else.

I read somewhere that our 3rd round pick couldn't even make the trip to Cincinnatti.

That's how bad it is.

Apparently he is improving and could get a game is Clay doesn't step up soon. His absence could be as much about giving Clay a chance as anything else.

Ah, no Clay was the one who gave him the book.

Wasted 3rd round pick its looking like.

Give the guy a break. It is his 1st year. The same was being said about Reshad Jones in 2010/11.
Now look at him in his 3rd year.

No patience with this fan base at all. Its all about instant gratification even though he is a 3rd round pick.

Give the guy a break. It is his 1st year. The same was being said about Reshad Jones in 2010/11.

No patience with this fan base at all. Its all about instant gratification even though he is a 3rd round pick.
I'm with you man, all I wanted is some news about his current development.

I haven't heard much. But Clay has a years more experience and he has started 17 games. I think like a poster above mentioned it is Clay's oppourtunity right now.

No need to rush Egnew right now. You can only start 2 TE anyways.

I have faith that our coaching staff will develop him into fasano's or clays eventual replacement.

Not at all, I have a lot of patience with players, especially after just 5 games. That being said, if he cant make the game day roster and from what I saw on hard knocks and read about in training camp, he is struggling. He has every chance of being a bust and every chance of being a star. At the moment, the signs point towards him being a disappointment and that's a fair comment I believe. Not every player develops, regardless of how long you give them.

Not at all, I have a lot of patience with players, especially after just 5 games. That being said, if he cant make the game day roster and from what I saw on hard knocks and read about in training camp, he is struggling. He has every chance of being a bust and every chance of being a star. At the moment, the signs point towards him being a disappointment and that's a fair comment I believe. Not every player develops, regardless of how long you give them.

3rd round draft picks should not need that much delveloping. Unlike breast you cant fake it. You either have IT or you dont. I didnt think he was that bad until I saw him wide open dive and crash landed with out the ball during the preseason.

I haven't heard much. But Clay has a years more experience and he has started 17 games. I think like a poster above mentioned it is Clay's oppourtunity right now.

No need to rush Egnew right now. You can only start 2 TE anyways.

I have faith that our coaching staff will develop him into fasano's or clays eventual replacement.
According to NFL rules, you can play 2 TE, but you could add a 3rd player and rotate them.

3rd round draft picks should not need that much delveloping. Unlike breast you cant fake it. You either have IT or you dont. I didnt think he was that bad until I saw him wide open dive and crash landed with out the ball during the preseason.

When you have a veteran (fasano) and an experienced player (clay) with 3 TD's last year what makes you think just because he is 3rd round pick he is instantly better than them?

Coaches are playing the best players right now. Doesn't mean that Egnew wont be starting next year or later this year.

Back
Top Bottom