Any news on Ricky's shoulder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any news on Ricky's shoulder

Ct Fin Freak 13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ricky had to have something like 3 cortizone shots in two weeks at the end of the year. I was wondering if their was any news on his shoulder. Is he supposed to get surgery? Has it healed? Has anyone heard anything?

Only thing I heard and maybe I am wrong, but I thought I heard he had minor surgery to clean it out. Could be wrong.

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce
This is his 2nd year of surgery, not a good sign...

Got hurt the last game of the season I believe, he seemed fine throughout, it was a NASTY landing on a late hit out of bounds, followed up by a NASTY hanging pass from Jay that got Ricky leveled 3 yards behind the line. I wouldn't chalk this up to be an injury prone thing like a year in, year out thing, it was a legit injuring hit.

I didn't hear about the surgery. I do remember reading that the only treatment was rest. Could be wrong about no surgery, though.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Got hurt the last game of the season I believe, he seemed fine throughout, it was a NASTY landing on a late hit out of bounds, followed up by a NASTY hanging pass from Jay that got Ricky leveled 3 yards behind the line. I wouldn't chalk this up to be an injury prone thing like a year in, year out thing, it was a legit injuring hit.

His shoulder had actually been hurting most of the season (not unusual for RBs....especially those who log lots of carries and run physical). But it was during the Eagles game where he really hurt it bad. Was on that 45 yard run where Dawkins tackled him. Many people thought that his right shoulder was hurt when Dawkins threw a blow to it. But it was actually the left when he fell on it.

Anyway, it's not something unusual for a guy like him. But it's not something you like either. Another supposedly not well known issue is Ricky's knees. He's getting some wear and tear on them. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. But it's not the greatest thing either.

In short, he takes a beating.

forget which article, but in addition to mentioning his new hair cut (or lack thereof) it also said that he hasn't had offseason surgery thus far. It was some article around 3-4 days ago I think.

Originally posted by Graythreat

So glad Jay is coming back so ricky can get his block knocked off again. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom