Any Other FAs Worth Adding Before the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Other FAs Worth Adding Before the Draft?

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone else think since we lack so many picks we should pick up another FA somewhere for our team. Maybe a nickel or dime corner, or another free safety. Is Dexter Jackson still available?

Nick said that we were basically done with FA till the draft, so I think its highly unlikely that anybody else is signed. I do think you'll see quite a few undrafted FAs visit Miami after the draft is over

I would think that A-Train, Douglass, and Reggie Tobeck could be useful to Miami still. Getting a veteran center would be nice.

Lamont Thompson's a possibility if Titans can't re-sign him. CB-wise there's not much else. Low demand and low supply. Renaldo Hill might make a decent nickle or dime back.

I'm just saying it would be nice to get a decent player for cheap and not have to draft a player early to fill a position. If we signed Tobeck I'd see no reason for us to have to draft a center. Hadnot would probably be able to sit back and learn and be our backup center. McIntosh would probably be our left tackle, Stockar our RT, Carey our RG, James our LG, and either Tobeck or Hadnot our center. We'd have St. Clair as our backup at LT and RT. That's not too bad I'd say. It would just be nice to have a veteran somewhere on the line and center is a good position to have a vet.

I say nah...if we draft extremely well we actually could do well this year...like 11-5 well

Rob Morris anyone? He's been out of place in Indy. He's a big linebacker who's getting up there in age (29), but would be a good signing. Smart, strong, tough player who if affordable enough would be a good signing. Then we'd have Thomas- Morris, Seau- Moore, Pope- Spragan.

Rich Braham would also be a good signing. Underrated center. Yes he is old at 34, but he'd come cheap and the team has barely any veteran presence on its OL (McIntosh, St. Clair, and Jeno James are not exactly team aged savvy vets.). Couldn't hurt really.

No I'm pretty sure Rob Morris is a FA.

I still think we might sign Boston (hopefully to a vet minimum).

I just checked Colts insider and yes Rob Morris is a FA. I always thought he wasn't appreciated in Indy. He just doesn't fit a Cover 2, but he'd do well in a 3-4 or in our system next year which will feature larger LBs.

I like to see us get another safety in FA...Bashir, D. Jackson, or even Brian Walker...Just so that if we don't get any add'l picks in the draft, we can go with more pressing needs than DB....

Dexter Jackson is a good FS. He had six picks in at FS in 03 and was injured this year. He's not too old and could start for us. That would leave us with Dexter Jackson at FS, Tebucky at SS, with Bell the FS backup, Tillman the SS backup, along with the third SS Bua. That would seem to be a decent safety core in my opinion. Might negate our need to draft a safety.

Back
Top Bottom