Any Thoughts on Sage? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Thoughts on Sage?

Truedus

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was just thinking that next year could be the year that he becomes the starter. We definitely need another WR though and a good one at that.
Many teams have groomed young QBs for a couple of years and this seems to be the route the Dolphins are taking. Noone has mentioned it officially and he seems to be staying under the radar.
Perhaps it is all intentional. Or maybe he is destined to be a backup. I for one am hoping that he pans out and becomes at least an above average QB.
With some decent drafting and a FA offensive lineman or two, we could be talking about a minor rebuild here without losing too much on Defense. That said, I do think we will lose at least one or two big names on the defensive side. Our cap numbers ( and greed) will force that I am sure. I will not name which players I think will go, but there will be two probowlers I think.
Just some more food for thought. Officially, I think we can still make it to the SB if we make the playoffs.
True

Someone on an old thread (don't remember who) speculated that maybe Sage isn't getting any playing time because he's a FA next after the year is over. Maybe the coaching staff doesn't want to put him on display so he jumps ship next year.

Sage doesn't do anything for me....

I've watched him in the QB schools, the mini-camps, and during training camp. He's big, and can see the field well, but he's not a very smart decision maker IMO....

As far as his arm is concerned, I really can't give anything accurate. I have yet to see him connect on anything deep outside of practice. I did see him roll out on 4th down, and throw the ball out of bounds on the final play of the game during pre-season though...Not good.

I doubt he's the answer, but it's a strange world. You never know...

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I agree with Dolfan954. Theres got to be a reason why.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Sage doesn't do anything for me....

I've watched him in the QB schools, the mini-camps, and during training camp. He's big, and can see the field well, but he's not a very smart decision maker IMO....

As far as his arm is concerned, I really can't give anything accurate. I have yet to see him connect on anything deep outside of practice. I did see him roll out on 4th down, and throw the ball out of bounds on the final play of the game during pre-season though...Not good.

I doubt he's the answer, but it's a strange world. You never know...

what camp did you go to? FAU?

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

All of them...

Nova University.....The Miami Dolphins Training Facility.

I'm not sold on Sage either. I think we have groomed a future second-stringer LOL. I hope we draft a QB this year (prefer Roethlisberger or Rivers), pay-cut and keep Fiedler, and resign Sage as well. That way we can groom the guy a full season, and maybe light a fire under Fiedler's butt next season (look at what Kitna has done after having PALMER waiting in the wings). Griese is a definite goner.

The Dolphins dont play at FAU. I dont think they ever did.

Rosenfels sucks. He's a #3 for a reason. He's shown virtually no signs whatsoever of being even upper tier backup quality.

Sage looked great in preseason, but so did Ray Lucas and Scott Mitchell. :barf: Remember that people.

ETA: Damn I love that puke smiley. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom