Any thoughts on the Jet game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any thoughts on the Jet game?

ManhattanJet

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just dropping by to check in and see what the vibe is about the Jet game. As you can imagine, the mood up around here is much better this weekend, and most fans have forgotten how crappy we’ve looked throughout the season.

Yes we put it all together – for one game – and looked like the team we all thought we’d be, but a) we’ve sucked at home and b) there has been no consistency at all.

The real difference is, of course, Chad, who’s playing out of his head. Can it last? If it can for one more week, it’ll be an interesting time in the AFC East.

Stupid Jets. “Just when I thought I ws out, they pull me back in!â€Â

Cheers!

i live in ct. and i think this next week will be unbearable especially if the jets win...i have no confidence that we will beat you guys after the way we played the last 2 weeks...and at least you are not one of those fans that are here to rub it in...did ray lucas ever look this bad when he played for you guys???

I hate the 'rub it in fans.' Usually clueless. Up at the TheGangGreen.com board, we have a couple of really cool Dolphin fans who have a lot more insight than some of the Jet regulars. Of course some blowhards too, but fans can be fans...

As for Ray...that's a tough one. I loved his energy and his enthusiasm, but I always had the nagging feeling that under pressure, he'd crumble. I wish him well, but he certainly makes you appreciate Jay.

Thanks Manhattan. I am one of those Ganggreen Fin fans.

I am terrified. We have no offense. For some reason as soon as we lost Jay, we forgot how to get Ricky, Chambers, and McMichael in to the game. Three players who were the toast of the league are now non-factors. Go figure.

Just tell the Jets to keep it under a 30 point beating please. We are in the middle of our annual collapse and it hurts.

It's my feeling that the Dolphins are in trouble as well. Taht's not smack talk, just the truth as I see it. I had no idea that Feidler was so instrumental to your offense.

Keep in mind, though, that the Jets haven't exactly been lighting it up with the exception of last week. If they come out and play like that, the Phins are doomed.

Your biggest worry is stopping the passing game. Pennington has been lighting it up these last few weeks, played very well even in the losses. With Moss giving us great field position on punt returns, if gives Chad a nice short field in which to work, and we have the speed at receiver to challenge your outstanding DBs.

I'm really looking forward to this game. The last one left a sour taste in my mouth, and I need to be rid of it. No matter who wins, though, I want a clean, injury-free game.

//Tony

Rubbing it in isn't always classy but after the loss that was handed to us you can't help but feel giddy inside in light of the circumstances. This is a crucial point in the Jets season. A win over the Phish would elevate this team to a identity they been searching for ever since B.P. left.

To split the series would be very satisfying. I just hope we don't start turning the ball over. This is one of the best rivalries in all sports. It seems no matter who is playing the games are always tight. Except of course this year. Our defense is not there yet and still needs redemption. But I wouldn't complain if we returned the favor.

The last 2 starts for the Jets were amazing after all that has happened. If that happens again I don't think Lucas will be able to catch up. Providing of course we show up for the second half.
If we go down at the start it should be a shootout which is always better to watch. Good Luck.

Jets 35
Miami 21

"Give me 40 acres.......and I'll turn this rig around............"

Originally posted by DenniYork

Jets 35
Miami 21

21 points? Has the Jets D been terrible recently or something? Lucas has yet to prove that he can lead this team.

Your biggest worry is stopping the passing game.

Our defense is the least of our problems. They've been solid. The last two losses were at the hands of the offense.

Yeah, I have thoughts. We're gonna get killed with Sage Rosenfels in at QB (our 3rd friggin stringer) because Lucas is hurt now. I don't think God is a Dolfan, he always gets our guys hurt. Every damn year. Until I cheer up,

Miami 13
New York 34

This is a crucial game for both teams, but I would not have it any other way. What more can Jets and Dolphin fans ask for.

The game in my observation will come down to field position special teams play if the Jets win that battle, it will give Chad a small field to play with and it will give him the tools to utilize his speedy rcvr's

The Jets need to stop Ricky Williams no easy task, and dare Lucas or Rosenfeld beat them..

I look forward to an exciting game. Its been a long time since I've been to the Meadowlands. The last time I went back home was 2000 and I attended the Monday Night Miracle Game.

Lets hope for a clean and free-injury game..

GOOD LUCK >>>>>.

There's no way we'll beat the Jets....

There's very little chance we'll beat the Ravens next week as well....

We can't score. If you can't score, you can't win.....

We'll end up 5-5, tied for last place in the AFC East by the time two weeks have passed.....

Sound crazy, but maybe that's a good thing. Maybe then, we'll change our old ways of finishing the end of the season soft. Maybe another two losses{4 in a row}, will be what this team needs to wake them up, and start playing with some balls for a change.....

This team is soft. I'm sick of it. We no longer strike fear into anybody.....

JETS 24
PHINZ 13

5-4....Let the annual slide begin!!!!

SAME OLD PHINZ!!!!

Hey Blitz, nice to be down here at your house. Cool digs you got here.

This game is a total toss up. Yeah the Jets have momentum (one game's worth) and the Fins' O is in disarray, at the moment. But as we all know, these games can never be predicted. ****ty Jet teams have stunned better Miami teams in Miami, and weaker Fins teams have shocked better Jets teams in the Meadowlands (and Shea).

So I guess that's the beauty of the rivalry. I just hope it's a good game!

- "AbdulSalaam" from theGangGreen.com board

I have to hand it to you guys....

Your the only Jet fans I've ever encountered that came in actually talking about a game without throwing a ton of smack around.
I certainly haven't run into any of you guys at Jet games down here. Your making it hard for me to keep up my anti-NYer sentiment.
:eek:

Welcome to the boards.

By the way you guys have a very good chance of pulling out a win and burying our season..... again!

Whoa now! I for one think we can win. The Jets run D has been awful. All we have to do is not turn the ball over and we have a good chance. Easier said then done, but cmon, how long can this turnover slide last? It will be a close game, and Pennington has my respect and he will be a big factor. He's been playing well, and I always thought he would. What took so long to get him in there?

Back
Top Bottom