Any word on Chris Naeole???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Chris Naeole????

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
I've scoured the internet trying to find any and all information regarding Chris Naeole's negotiations with either the Saints or any other team in the league for that matter. Does anyone have any info on this? I think he's a pro bowl caliber offensive guard with a nasty streak, which we could use.

Nobody wants him because he sucks.

34UpTheGut

Muck, name.......

Originally posted by Muck
Nobody wants him because he sucks.

34UpTheGut

me any other offensive lineman out there that are UFA(unrestricted free agents), who are unsigned.:yell:

<"If he fails, the Fiedler supporters should admit they were wrong.">

And if he succeeds, the Fiedler bashers should do the same.

Also, I don't quite understand you're last post. Could you re-phrase it for me?? Maybe it's just cuz I'm retarded. :goof:

Posted this in another thread. But I feel it's relevant here. Here's what CpuFan (of DolfanTalk) found in the Saints Boards about him:

Naeole Info.... taken for the Saints board:

---------

Hope I spelled his last name right. The Browns will be meeting with him this week and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insider info on him. What are his strengths and weakness, is he in his prime, upside or downside of career. Stuff like that. Thanks allot and congrats on moving RW, Deuce will be a stud.

Date : 03-09-02
Time : 4:07 pm

----

Ha Ha Ha....
Naeole? Do you want your team to suck? If you do sign Naeole. He is great if you like offsides and holding penalties. The best move the Saints have made this offseason was to get rid of that guy.

Time : 4:11 pm

----

his best play...
he threw his college coach into a chalkbord.
mike ditka heard that and instantly had a hard-on for him

------

Another one of
Ditka and Bill Kuharich's bad moves, we used a first round pick for him and he should have been at best a 3rd or 4th round pick. He's young and has a long career in front of him as a journeyman guard, he is absolutely nothing spectacular, better hope you have some good talent around him to take up his slack. Other than that, I like him.(lol)

Time : 5:55 pm

----

naole??
yeah i know that guy, he's about 47 yrs old, 435lbs with very slow feet. Solid veteran though.....

HAHAHA, jk He's decent, not the best but not the worst. If you want a guard without paying good money then he should be your man. (BTW he's not that old, nor that fat, and I really dont have a clue about his feet either)

Muck..............

<"If he fails, the Fiedler supporters should admit they were wrong.">

And if he succeeds, the Fiedler bashers should do the same.

Also, I don't quite understand you're last post. Could you re-phrase it for me?? Maybe it's just cuz I'm retarded. :goof:

All I was asking you was out of all of the unrestricted free agent offensive lineman that are currently available, name me one that is better than Chris Naeole.

Victor Riley. 6-5, 328 OT from KC. Very good run blocker. Strong and athletic. Could play LT in our system (due to Fiedler's mobility). Played there some at KC and exclusively in college. Was projected as a LT for KC before an injury forced him into the lineup at RT as a rookie....and he never left. First team collegiate All-American. Just entering his prime at 27.

He's much better than Naole. And he fills a need.

Victor Riley. 6-5, 328 OT from KC. Very good run blocker. Strong and athletic. Could play LT in our system (due to Fiedler's mobility). Played there some at KC and exclusively in college. First team All-American. Just entering his prime at 27.

He's much better than Naole. And he fills a need.

I didn't know that he was a free agent. He is definitely better than Naeole.;) Any word on interest in him on our part?

Not one bit. We probably can't afford him. Sucks that Smith and Spriggs went down.

That's unfortuanate..........

Not one bit. We probably can't afford him. Sucks that Smith and Spriggs went down.

He'd be a great addition to our o-line.:cry:

I think that if we get production from someone just one step above Folau's 2001 season, I think we'll be in good shape.

Spence did a good job IMO. I have to give him credit. Spence is an average LT at best. But he didn't have many dips in production. He came in off the street and played pretty consistently game in and game out. He always brought his A-game.

So I must congratulate Spencer Folau and thank him for playing to the best of his abilities every game for 16 weeks.

Muck...

So I must congratulate Spencer Folau and thank him for playing to the best of his abilities every game for 16 weeks.
...ditto to that.

Left tackle might not have been a strength last year, but even with the third team guy out there, it rarely seemed to be a glaring weakness, either. That's approaching All-Pro level performance, as far as your third stringer is concerned.

I believe Spriggs and Smith are both capable of upgrading that spot significantly, this year. Barring another year of seemingly targetted season ending injuries, I like our O-line.

Jeff

Personally, I'm still leary of Smith and Spriggs. You know the deal with ACL injuries. And I haven't heard any news on either player's progress. So I'm really not expecting anything better at this point. I'd really like to hear how they're coming along.

Muck...

...I know this is just one man's experience, but after I blew out my ACL I gave up basketball. After I blew out my other ACL, I gave up volleyball, too.

After getting two new ACLs (patellar tendon grafts, almost certainly the same operation those guys had) and rehabbing for about nine months, I added both sports back to my regular regimen.

So I know for a fact that a human being can come back from destroyed ACLs with his legs in better shape than they were before the injuries. I'm going to assume that those guys had access to better equipment and techniques than I ever had, and (until I see evidence to the contrary) I'm going to assume an NFL caliber player has the motivation and work ethic to use those tools.

As you say, the proof will be in the pudding, but I see reason to be very optimistic, in this case.

Jeff

PS: Just a note about a personal prejudice, I was one of those guys who felt Webb overstayed his welcome by about two years... I've been ready to hand the job to Smith for quite a while, now.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. If you can do it, those cats should be able to also.

The worst knee injury I ever had was just some torn cartilage and strained ligaments playing ball. I was only 11 at the time. So it really wasn't that bad (although I thought it was the end of the world). But it triggered all kinds of problems after that (they discovered I had gout when I got hurt). I'm 22 and I have the achey knees of an old man.

I guess that's why I'm always so skeptical about knee injuries. Granted, I'm genetically retarded in that respect. :rolleyes:

But it is nice to hear what you had to say. It's certainly encouraging and it gives me a different look perspective now. Hope it rings true for our guys.

Back
Top Bottom