Any word on Delmas? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on Delmas?

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
I really like Delmas. He's a heck of a tackler and plays with so much passion. Really think he would be a smart resign.

I would assume he is coming back because he apparently helped recruit Suh....you can't just cut a guy after he does you a favor.

Gonna miss at least the first 8 games next year, maybe more

Bane, Martel suggests he joins the coaching staff.

I read he is going to be ready by camp. I'll see if I can find the source.

ROTOWORLD:

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Dolphins would like to re-sign free agent SS Louis Delmas.
Delmas played 844 snaps next to FS Reshad Jones before tearing his ACL in Week 14. He has an injury history as long as anyone in the league and will be against the clock to be ready for Week 1. But Delmas has played well when he's been on the field. He's not going to command much, if any, guaranteed money. Feb 25 - 8:54 AM

ESPN James Walker on Jan 30:

Analysis: The Dolphins made a solid one-year signing last season with Delmas. He brought energy and veteran leadership to Miami’s secondary. Miami’s defense was at its best when Delmas and fellow starting safety Reshad Jones patrolled the back end together last season. However, Delmas caught an unlucky break after tearing his ACL in a Week 14 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. That’s a 9-12 month recovery and will impact Delmas’ free-agent plans. He will not be 100 percent by March when free agency opens. So don’t expect much interest. Although it’s possible the Dolphins could keep an eye on Delmas’ progress long term, they have to move on and find a starting safety via the draft or free agency.

You can get over an ACL in about 6-8 months. So anywhere between May and July.
If he comes back on a vet minimum type salary I am all for it.

he was stud jimmy wilson got exposed once he took over for delmas, please resign delmas he brings that intensity that you need and hes used to playing with suh theres chemistry there

need to get him back. I think he will bounce back just fine

For a few weeks (when everyone was promoting the defense as "elite") when Jones and Delmas were together...it was a very nice pairing.

Back
Top Bottom