Any word on how practices are going this week? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on how practices are going this week?

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
Anyone have any information regarding how practices are shaping up this week? Is AJ looking sharper? Is Lamar Gordon getting a better feel for the blocking schemes?

They only started physical/on the field practice on Wed. It's been one day, chill :cooldude: .

But you know, I've heard AJ is known not to be sharp in practice and then is completely different on the field. Don't know the basis of that.

our game was on saturday and we had off till wednesday? i thought we were only gonna have off sunday and monday and start tues...

arsenal said:
our game was on saturday and we had off till wednesday? i thought we were only gonna have off sunday and monday and start tues...

I think they should have all had their asses in there on Monday Morning. They should have watched tape all day Monday and been on the practice field on Tuesday. Mare should be living at the frickin stadium kicking in his sleep.

BALLS DEEP said:
I think they should have all had their asses in there on Monday Morning. They should have watched tape all day Monday and been on the practice field on Tuesday. Mare should be living at the frickin stadium kicking in his sleep.

Tuesday is an off day according to NFL rules.

coaches maybe want to see where all the mistakes are too and then apply to practice. sometimes, better off to see whats wrong before jumping in.

arsenal said:
The spin is that the Fins always study films on Mondays and get the day off on Tuesdays but as far as I am concerned they got their day off on Sunday.For a team who has so many new players and who obviously need the reps.I just dont understand the justification for it.:shakeno:

iceblizzard69 said:
Tuesday is an off day according to NFL rules.
Thats the answer.Tuesday is an obligated free day off negotiated by the NFLPA.
They could have watched films on Sunday and practiced on Monday but I suppose someone will jump in to say that the players needed time to prepare for the hurricane.

They'll be ready to go guys!
I hope Reggie Howard and Poole can hold up in the secondary or that D line gets to the QB in 1 second flat.

CrunchTime said:
Thats the answer.Tuesday is an obligated free day off negotiated by the NFLPA.
They could have watched films on Sunday and practiced on Monday but I suppose someone will jump in to say that the players needed time to prepare for the hurricane.

Realistically, you can only work guys hard three days a week and still have anything left for Sunday.

Here's the way the NFL schedule works:

MONDAY - Work out, film study, injury treatment
TUESDAY - Day off
WEDNESDAY - Practice & meetings
THURSDAY - Practice & meetings
FRIDAY - Practice & meetings
SATURDAY - Travel (if necessary), walkthrough at stadium
SUNDAY - Game

Because last week's game got moved from Sunday to Saturday, the Dolphins had a full practice on Friday instead of the walkthrough.

With the way the game went on Sunday, the only people who needed to show up that day were the coaching staff so that they could catalog all of the mental mistakes from the Tennessee game and map out a plan for correcting that in the three practices this week.

Back
Top Bottom