Any word on the knee injury to Raekwon Davis | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any word on the knee injury to Raekwon Davis

Craaaaap! What did the MRI show? Or at least what's the diagnosis? He's out at least 3 weeks, but it could be more or much more. For those knowledgeable about IR - this year all IR designations are the same, no? So a possible season ending injury still gets this "can return in 3 weeks" IR designation? I don't want to be glass half empty guy - but this could be fairly bad news- or really bad news.

Fingers, and everything else crossed. Figuratively - don't want to hurt myself.

don't encourage me.

people are already ignoring me.

only a matter of time before they are leaving en masse.

I'm glad, there was no way that knee was right after that bend, I do not want another Jake Long rub some on dirt on it and get back in there situation.

I'm curious if they need to scope and clean it up.

Raekwon was one of the players that I was most excited about seeing his progression from year 1 to year 2 and he lasted just 3 minutes. We might get really lucky and he recovers quickly but this is probably a massive blow to the Dolphins. Next man up but Raekwon is the big dog.

Raekwon was one of the players that I was most excited about seeing his progression from year 1 to year 2 and he lasted just 3 minutes. We might get really lucky and he recovers quickly but this is probably a massive blow to the Dolphins. Next man up but Raekwon is the big dog.
Yep.

I was right there with you on the excitement to see the progress.

I hope he heals quick and in full.

Better to have him half the year full go then not at all.

Also happy we have Butler.

We should have done better at backup NT though. Jenkins have been a staff favorite however.

This is why I was so happy with improving our depth this season. We are now going to see how well our depth players can perform over some long stretches of games.

I'm a big believer in "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

I also feel the coaches had an effective game plan last week and stuck to it. I suspect this will be the basic approach we use all year with some special tuning to take as much advantage as possible of the teams we will be playing.

Basically get a lead and keep extending it over 4 quarters applying more and more pressure against our opponents as the game progresses. Once they start getting desperate they will start making more mistakes which I expect us to take full advantage of.

Boring, but effective. Eventually we will start laying 20, 30, and even 40 burgers on other teams the way they used to do it to us.

not to say I am Raekwon Davis or anything but I was on the bourbon trail and had a few too many bourbon flights and old fashions. I tried jumping up 3 feet of elevation to where my car was parked but there was gravel I didn’t see on the pavement. I slipped and my knee kind of went the way his did and I swear I destroyed my knee but I was able to limp a little bit .

I couldn’t put too much weight on it for a couple days and I thought I destroyed my MCL / meniscus . After a few days of slowly regaining mobility I was able to miraculously walk again with no problems . Ran again and tried light leg work then Full squats . I am 235 lbs and 6’4 so that’s a lot of weight . I have had no issues with it since, having played some pick up flag football . All I’m trying to say is when your young sometimes even when it seems bad , it can be just a minor sprain with a quick heal time .

my best guess is an mcl sprain, not sure the severity, but he could be back in 3 weeks. you don't move the way he did on the sideline with an acl tear.

there are some names out there at dt if we need to kick tires-

snacks harrison
geno atkins
kawann short

to name a few

Back
Top Bottom