Anybody else sick of "we're this close"? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody else sick of "we're this close"?

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
After hearing Norve this morning I'm "up to here" with "we're close". It's great that we just have a bunch of "little things to fix", but we've been hearing that for a LONG time. If those "little things" haven't been fixed after all these weeks, what makes anyone think they'll be fixed now?

Re: Anybody else sick of "we're this close"?

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
After hearing Norve this morning I'm "up to here" with "we're close". It's great that we just have a bunch of "little things to fix", but we've been hearing that for a LONG time. If those "little things" haven't been fixed after all these weeks, what makes anyone think they'll be fixed now?

yep..we've been close for over a decade now...

:lol:

i would like to know his definition of "this close" is. if "this close" means in need of offensive line consistency and upgraded play, as well as an upgrade (over BG and/or JF) at QB, and playcalling, then ok i will concede that to him. but i kind of doubt that is what he meant. it is frustrating, but hey, all my favorite sports teams do this to me, the Fins are more successful than most of the others.

Close only counts in Nuclear bombs and hand grenades. Not the NFL.

You can be "this close" to a first down but guess what....it still isn't a first down. This close means absolutely nothing other then showing that you got close but still failed.

The problem I see is that starting over in no way guarantees different results. Low draft picks do not equal success (witness the Bengals) - if you're not in the mix for the playoffs, you can't make the playoffs. IF you don't make the playoffs, you can't win and go to the superbowl...

Once in a while people will say 'I'll trade 2-3 losing seasons for a superbowl' but I don't know of any place you get to make that deal.

Norv has nothing else to say, we are close. He has to stay positive for the team. Fans such as myself are the ones who say we will not win with the team we have we can be negative if we choose, we don't spend everyday with the team and the players don't look to us to lead them into a hard faught game. Norv can't afford to appear negative or he might get even less then what he is getting from his players at this point. It's like hearing Dave say after every loss "we will get this thing turned around" I'm tired of hearing that one to. I'll promise you I had a ton of hope and anticipation for this season with all the promises we heard after a horrible 2002. This is just another season of the SOS.

I know some here think Jay will come back and win for this team but lets not forget Jay and (Orande, except last year) were at the center of our December slides and we had just as good a D and a better O-line, so how in gods name we are going to do any better this year with the worst O-line in football and an out of "FOOTBALL SHAPE" receiver is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom