Anybody notice anything weird about the schedule? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody notice anything weird about the schedule?

cowboy82nd

Starter
Reaction score
Anybody notice anything weird about the schedule? The first bye of the year is in week 5. Teams have bye weeks from week 5 through 9. Then nobody is on a bye in week 10 and then we have four teams that have a bye in week 11. Why is that?

Anybody notice anything weird about the schedule? The first bye of the year is in week 5. Teams have bye weeks from week 5 through 9. Then nobody is on a bye in week 10 and then we have four teams that have a bye in week 11. Why is that?
I'm not positive about this, but from what I saw briefly on ESPN, this season's schedule is arranged so as to facilitate the postponement of games in the early weeks. Thus, if the labor dispute delays the beginning of the season, the games could be made up later and there would still be a full slate of games.

I'm not positive about this, but from what I saw briefly on ESPN, this season's schedule is arranged so as to facilitate the postponement of games in the early weeks. Thus, if the labor dispute delays the beginning of the season, the games could be made up later and there would still be a full slate of games.

This.

Just heard on Mike and Mike, something about teams that play each other week 3 have all the same bye week, so if the season starts late, they can make it up during the bye week.

Guess NFL Commish is just doubling up on insurance policy to make the most money. Also reported they booked Indianapolis stadium for the week after the scheduled superbowl just incase.

I wish the bye week was always later when they are more banged up and could use the rest.

I don't like the early by week. I like it later on that way they can get a rest later on in the season when it is much needed.

The schedule is flexible to allow for the NFL to miss up to 3 weeks into the season and still allow for a full season to be played minus bye weeks. All of the teams that play each other in week 3 have the same bye week. The NFL has also booked Indianapolis for the original week of the Super Bowl and for the week after.

The schedule has also been structured to accommodate an 18 game season if agreed upon.

Back
Top Bottom