Anybody up for a stroll down memory lane... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anybody up for a stroll down memory lane...

That 86 game really confused me. I was in the 6th grade, and i could NOT understand how Dan could play so lights out against the Bears that Monday night, only to lose to the stinking patriots by tossing INT's and fumbling.

I believe that was the game where I really started to understand how players just aren't always on fire every game.

That was a Super Bowl I just cared nothing about. I hated the Pats, and I hated the Bears. It was a no win situation.

I was so pissed that Shula was not canned after the game since '87 we all would have cared big time to see the Phins beat the Bears a 2nd time

That was one of my least favorite Superbowls. I really wasn't interested in watching that game, but watched it anyway.

this will make you and Mark Ingram (is he in jail ?) feel better - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolgame112894.story
Marino hit Ingram with an 8-yard touchdown pass with 22 seconds remaining on a play that will be talked about for weeks, months and maybe years.

Marino looked as if he would throw the ball down to stop the clock, but instead he threw the pass. It was a play that backup Bernie Kosar brought to the team this year. Kosar was even talking the play through with Marino over the coach-to-quarterback radio as Marino did it. A brilliant end to the fourth fourth-quarter comeback this season and the 29th of Marino's career.

Originally posted by dolphan39
includes link to the worst game of my dolphan career: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolgame011386.story :cry:

Thanks for that memory :cool:.

Our record at the Orange Bowl made that game seem unwinnable, but it just turned out to be the last step of a great Cinderella run. We buried a lot of history with that one game.

Unfortunately, the Bears weren't losing that Superbowl to anybody. My "Berry the Bears" shirt is now an oil rag.

I really, really, really miss the old Orange Bowl. Last year, I attended my first Dolphins game (the Jets game...now that one will live on in my memory), but I was weaned on Orange Bowl Dolphin games as a child. I grew up in Bob Griese's home town (Evansville, IN), and watching the Dolphins on Sunday was a religion. I can remember A.J. Duhe picking off an errant Jets pass in the mud to seal up the AFC. I can remember Mark Duper one-handing a bomb (tapping it to himself) down the sideline for a touchdown. When I sit down and think about it, I can remember a lot of nice things. Of course, unfortunately, nothing will live larger in my memory than the Chargers loss in the playoffs. I literally cried after that game. I guess I know how Hootie feels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link D39, Figures the very first story I read is from one of the most heartbreaking losses, It wasn't an important game but it was in 89 against the Bills when Kelly runs it in for a TD with no time left. What a killer.

no having the re-match ag the Bears in 85 - when we were better than '84 IMO - was devasting

Back
Top Bottom