‘anybody With The Naked Eye’ Could See Dolphins’ Struggles, Gase Said. Can They Fix It? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘anybody With The Naked Eye’ Could See Dolphins’ Struggles, Gase Said. Can They Fix It?

We need to tank and draft the best QB on the board. Plain and simple. Should have done it years back.

Defensively we have the heart and talent we seen in weeks 1 - 6. We played bend dont break football, forced at lot of field goals in the red zone as well as we were a turnover machine and kept us and in a lot of games while the offense was inept in quarters 1 - 3.

The last two weeks though our defensive game plan has been atrocious, we look like we planned for a completely different offense against both the Lion and the Texans. The same secondary that was getting interceptions like crazy dont seem to know who to cover, guys wide open in the middle of the field, deep safety following receivers to the sideline instead of sticking to the over the top assignments. No pass rush and blitz's seeming to come at the worst time leaving us exposed. Plus opposing teams 3rd and long success rate against us is ridiculously high. All of that in my opinion is game plan related and falls squarely on Burke, I dont think our players are so bad that needs to be blown up, we've seen them play very well this year. It seems like they dont come in well prepared and we dont seem to adjust well mid-game to what they are doing to us.

Ross forced Philbin to make a move with Mike Sherman, maybe its time for him to step in with Burke. The problem is its very hard to switch coordinators mid-season casue you cant drastically change the scheme, plus i dont know who is out there that has experience which is what we really need. I dont thnk firing Burke and promoting from existing staff fixes this.

Defense was the same it has been- without scheme. Difference in 3-0 stretch was take takeaways. Burke runs the same D for every team.

Gase has made dreadful decisions but I saw Brock get lots of time in the second half and all he did was hold the football. Either he’s playing scared or our WRs just don’t get separation. That’s not on Gase.

You can fire Gase but at some point you’ve got to give a coach more than a few years to fix a fked up franchise. A VERY fked up franchise.

These house-cleanings ARE NOT WORKING. So get rid of Gase but sooner or later you’ve got to give a guy at the very least 5 years if not a decade to fix A DISMAL franchise. At this point we have to bow our heads and know it’s not going to happen in 3 years. So if it’s not with Gase it has to be with the next guy.

So who are we going to bend over and take it with, Gase or the next guy? Cuz we have to eventually go no Vaseline for at least 5 YEARS. Not 2, not 3, not 4-; 5 or more.

You can count on 1 hand how many guys on this team you reeeeeaaaally want to keep. You are just not going to fix that in 2, 3 maybe not even 5 offseasons/drafts.

Burke has to go. Gase is DRIVING ME FKING NUTS!

But we can’t keep rebuilding. What’s that definition of insane- continuing the same behavior expecting different results or something like that?

I hate it but I’ll stick with Gase until he drafts his own QB.

We hire a QB centric coach in Gase and never have drafted a QB for him.

Makes zero sense to me. We all know Gase will publically defend anyone who plays QB for him, so I don’t take his insistence on Tannehill being good to mean anything.

We hire a QB centric coach in Gase and never have drafted a QB for him.

Makes zero sense to me. We all know Gase will publically defend anyone who plays QB for him, so I don’t take his insistence on Tannehill being good to mean anything.
I don't think RT will ever be a guy that carries a team on a regular basis, but he's not horrible. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with his offensive system. It's his philosophy that needs to change.

Any coach that has a history of horrible starts like Gase does, needs to change the approach.

He should also be contractually bound to read Play Calling For Dummies. Some of his short yardage calls are just ponderous man.

“Not horrible” is just not a benchmark I really want to have for our QB. I want a star here. It makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom