Anyone a ESPN insider? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone a ESPN insider?

TexPhinPhan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Insider article about Phins and rest of AFC East. Can someone who is an insider give a quick synopsis.

Thanks
Texphinphan

Not really anything we haven't heard before. Here's some excerpts from it:

There is an excellent chance Miami drafts a back like Auburn's Cadillac Williams or Texas' Cedric Benson with the second pick overall. However, it may choose to wait considering the success teams like Houston and Cincinnati had finding quality backs in the middle rounds. There's also the chance Williams comes out of retirement.

Feeley might not be the long-term answer and Frerotte is on the downside of his career. Keeping that in mind, don't be surprised if the Dolphins select Cal's Aaron Rodgers or Utah's Alex Smith with the second pick overall.

While signing Donnie Spragan improves depth, he lacks ideal athletic ability and he's a liability in coverage. Miami needs a linebacker with the range, agility and instincts to compete for a starting job, whether it's on the weak or strong side, this year. Virginia's Darryl Blackstock, Southern Miss' Michael Boley and Tennessee's Kevin Burnett are projected first-day picks with the potential to make an immediate impact.

Miami needs a receiver who can push Gilmore and Thompson for playing time in its multiple-receiver and contribute on special teams.

David Bowens lacks ideal size and has some problems holding his ground, so Miami will likely draft an end who is stouter at the point of attack.

The Dolphins are expected to start playing more 3-4 schemes, so look for them to draft a player who has the size and power to line up at nose tackle.

While the Dolphins could try to find a starter in the early rounds of the draft, they haven't had much success filling this need with early round picks. It would make sense for them to start McIntosh, Smith or Carey for a year and use a late-round pick on a tackle with the potential to develop into a quality starter as a result.

Miami needs a versatile safety who can provide adequate depth at both safety slots this year and has the potential to develop into an every-down player.

VOTE FOR ME!!! :tongue:

FIREMEDIC822 said:
Thats a lot of draft picks we dont have.

Yeah ....ok ESPN no **** - we have some holes. They aren't all going to get filled this year or we would be in the super bowl. I guess they forgot we have no picks. lmfao. 7th round offensive tackle to turn into a starter....lmao I thought thats what Pape is or how about 3rd rounder Smith....or maybe 1st rounder Carey.....how the hell are we going to find a premier OT in the 7th.....when we still dont have one after those picks??

JTBRLZ said:
Do they know we just signed Holliday and Carter at DE?
Do you realize that Holliday s-cks and that Carter played DT last year? Holliday got run out of KC. That should tell you something. Hes merely a depth player

afishfan said:
Yeah ....ok ESPN no **** - we have some holes. They aren't all going to get filled this year or we would be in the super bowl. I guess they forgot we have no picks. lmfao. 7th round offensive tackle to turn into a starter....lmao I thought thats what Pape is or how about 3rd rounder Smith....or maybe 1st rounder Carey.....how the hell are we going to find a premier OT in the 7th.....when we still dont have one after those picks??

Its pretty funny how the mentioned almost every hole and say we will fill it in the draft. If Saban can work that magic he is the MAN. Maybe they meant in the next 3 drafts.:shakeno:

Chris Mortenson on ESPN News

Chris Mortensen was on ESPN News this afternoon talking about the NFL draft and I guess the best comments about the Phins is that Saban wants to trade down. They talked about Braylon Edwards a lot and he is on the radar of a bunch of teams.

Boik14 said:
Do you realize that Holliday s-cks and that Carter played DT last year? Holliday got run out of KC. That should tell you something. Hes merely a depth player

holliday was out of position as a chief, he will surprise, IMO

PoorRichard said:
Chris Mortensen was on ESPN News this afternoon talking about the NFL draft and I guess the best comments about the Phins is that Saban wants to trade down. They talked about Braylon Edwards a lot and he is on the radar of a bunch of teams.

I just wonder who Saban will have on mind if we trade down, and i wonder just how far he wants to trade down?

Back
Top Bottom