Anyone but me disagree... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone but me disagree...

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
With the addition of the baseball commentary??
The reason I come here is so I don't have to deal with the other sports and wade through ESPN.com to get my Dolphin talk.

On a site where we instantly remove anything not related to the Dolphins to some obscure forum, it seems out of place.

I would like to see it go away.

PS
This is no offense to the guy who writes it. It is not a review of his work. Just my opinion about bringing other sports into a site dedicated strictly to Miami Dolphin football.

I say keep it pure.

Yeah I'm not a fan of baseball so I won't really read any of his articles even though they do seem like good ones. I think he should just get a stickied thread in the other sports forum for where he can post his articles.

I personally won't be reading anything about any South Florida sports teams other than the Dolphins but, I see there are a lot of fans of those teams here so, I'll just step out of the way and let them have their fun too.

2 seconds later I run across this....link....in the Dolphins forum....Now, that would irritate me if it happened all the time.

I don't follow any SoFlo sports other than the 'Phins either... and man... talk about a shameless plug!

I'm okay with it as long as:
1. it stays out of the main forums (and that's apparently been violated now) and
2. I get to write about the 'Canes. :D

And I promise not to pimp non-Phins related work in the main forums.

Phunwin ... you've ... changed.

And I'll ad my two cents ... yeah, it's kind of over-pimping when you link to a non-Phins column in the main forum. In his defense, he's a newbie columnist and REALLY eager to have his stuff read. I guess I understand that.

phunwin said:
Do you mean the avatar, or is this a lead in for an ABC after-school special?

:rofl3: Oh, that's rich.

I meant the avatar, but now that you mention it: you have been acting strangely. You never hang out with us in the quad anymore. You blew up at Coach in the locker room the other day. You skipped out on the Yearbook staff meeting. What is it with you, man?

DrAstroZoom said:

I meant the avatar, but now that you mention it: you have been acting strangely. You never hang out with us in the quad anymore. You blew up at Coach in the locker room the other day. You skipped out on the Yearbook staff meeting. What is it with you, man?

:rofl3: The quad. I thought I'd never here that word again.

DrAstroZoom said:

"Just leave me alone, man! Maybe I don't want to be Phunwin anymore!!!"

(soothing voice-over) Phunwin was experiencing a phenomenon common to many young men; it's called "being an @$$hole." It's often caused by a young man's raging hormones.

"What's the matter, man?"
"It's Becky Trueheart. She won't go to the school dance with me!"
"Wow, that's rough, bro. Have you tried asking Tara Dirtywhore?"
"No, I haven't. Should I?"
"Well, she's got three dates already, but I think she can probably fit you in."

(soothing voice-over) Join us next time, when Phunwin asks the school nurse, "why does it burn when I pee?"

To answer your original question, I'm a big fan of the Batman movies and have been looking forward to Batman Begins even more than Star Wars III, if that's possible. When my wife and I went to Episode III, she got to see me in full geek mode for the Batman preview. So I'm a fan.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet; I think we're going Friday. And then probably again next Friday and the Friday after that. :)

I think at the very least the aritcles need to be labeled in some way so that you know they are not about football. I clicked the the one link "alphabet soup" thinking it was about football, and it wasn't.

No, actually I think it just needs to go away. This is a football forum and if they want to write about the Marlins then the Mods can coordinate with him to start his own site on baseball.

Give me Fins! Or give me death!!

fin-atic said:
With the addition of the baseball commentary??
The reason I come here is so I don't have to deal with the other sports and wade through ESPN.com to get my Dolphin talk.

On a site where we instantly remove anything not related to the Dolphins to some obscure forum, it seems out of place.

I would like to see it go away.

PS
This is no offense to the guy who writes it. It is not a review of his work. Just my opinion about bringing other sports into a site dedicated strictly to Miami Dolphin football.

I say keep it pure.
I wouldnt mind seeing this board purged of everything except Dolphins topics.

Back
Top Bottom