Anyone desperate for a DT with the 2nd round pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone desperate for a DT with the 2nd round pick?

CanadianFish

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I really want Miami to grab a DT or LB with their second pick... I say give Feeley one more year and lets see what the dolphins do....

I do I really want Miami to pick a DTalso we really need a young guy for the future

we should steal hawthorne late today/early tomorrow

Here's to hoping Luis Castillo will drop down that far. It could happen with his recent steriod use confession. Regardless, this guy will be a great player. Also wouldn't mind if we could get Blackstock.

I think he can get a guy like Ron Fields in the 3rd round.I want more offence with our next pick but got the feeling that Nick's gonna go defence. It could be a safety next.I want Baas or a QB depending on who's left at that time.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont see why we need a DT this year. If someone falls to us that is unexpected where a good value pick can be made then it is good. But I cant see reaching for one if they are not there. We have Carter, Bowens, Chester, Zgonia all to play DT. If 3 of those guys gets injured we move Vonnie Holliday. We will need a DT in next years draft though if we dont get one now.

I don't think we really need a DT this either, we just got a couple of defensive lineman so I personally think we're set for this year and maybe next season too

PhinsPhan said:
I dont see why we need a DT this year. If someone falls to us that is unexpected where a good value pick can be made then it is good. But I cant see reaching for one if they are not there. We have Carter, Bowens, Chester, Zgonia all to play DT. If 3 of those guys gets injured we move Vonnie Holliday. We will need a DT in next years draft though if we dont get one now.

Good point. I wouldn't mind picking up a steal but if nothing like that becomes available, i'd like to see offense drafted. McPherson is top on my list.

PhinsPhan said:

Carter's expecting to play more DE then anything. Bowens/Chester are getting old and they both have recent (and in Chester's case past) injury history. Bowens at most has one year left. Our DL is old and needs youth at one of the most critical spots (DT). So if there is one that can be picked there that fits Sabans scheme I want them.

I agree. Everybody is getting wrapped up with positions like HB in the second round and totally forgot about DT.

I think we desperately need a DT.

Saban is such a BSer, talkin about best player, first picks will be two of our biggest needs! LOL.

VanDolPhan said:
Carter's expecting to play more DE then anything. Bowens/Chester are getting old and they both have recent (and in Chester's case past) injury history. Bowens at most has one year left. Our DL is old and needs youth at one of the most critical spots (DT). So if there is one that can be picked there that fits Sabans scheme I want them.

Not exactly, Carter stated he wanted to play DE on passing downs. Fact is if you move Carter to the outside for almost all plays you dont use Holliday or D.Bowens at all. Like I said I think we are set this year for DL purposes. If there isnt a steal at DT when we pick I dont see why we should pick one. There are going to be other players there that we could really use.

PhinsPhan said:

Timbo (back) is done, Chester (knee) is questionable and Zgonia (age) is done!

We need a DT!

I could see DT. I think Channing Crowder may be worth the pick if he is there when we pick. However, I think Oakland will end up with him at 38. Brodeny Pool would not be bad either.

Back
Top Bottom