Anyone else feel this way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

Dolphins54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Am I off line when a part of me believes that if Ricky were traded, he might just retire. I kind of feel that he came back, partly-mostly, because he owed it to the Dolphins, the team he walked out on. If he were traded, is there any chance that he might just say "Im done." I am probably off line on this, please dont rip my head off. Opinions?

no you're right in many ways. hence why he probably doesn't have that much trade value. i wouldn't want him if i were a gm for that exact reason. it was easy for us to accept him back because we had nothing to lose by his return, but another team could lose all the value that they trade for him if he retired on them.

It may have been true at first, but he recently said he'd prefer to play in California if he were traded.

No. I think Ricky will play a few more seasons regardless of where he plays. Ricky came back to Miami because he liked what he heard from Saban. He likes the way Saban does things. If he found another coach that he liked, he would play for them too.

Ricky does have a history with Miami. So that will help keep him in Miami. But if a really good offer from a compatable team comes along, I wouldn't be shocked if he is cool with leaving.

If an incredible deal comes along for Ricky, Miami should consider trading him. If only mediocore deals come along, Miami should snub them and keep Ricky. He is worth more than some may think. The Ricky/Ronnie combo is a powerful one/two punch at RB.

I think he has watched his signing bonus evaporate and he wants to sign one more contract to set himself up for life. He's playing for the money which is OK with me, if he stays in Miami I dont think he gets the payday. Saban said from the beginning its all about "value" with Ricky.

agreed fully... the potential for just retiring is very evident... and that must decrease his trade value quite a bit... a trade that would stick for him would depend very much on the coaching and personalities meshing...

he is still, in my opinion, a top 10 RB in this league... i'd be perfectly happy with him staying here, surely, ... but dismissing the very real possibility that at least one team will roll the dice and try to make him the missing puzzle piece is shortsighted... i can think of 4-5 teams that fit the description ... two right here in our division...

Im not so sure about the team loyalty. That is a virtue he has lacked. I think he came back only because he owes the Dolphins all that money. Once that debt is gone he'll probably go after a job in holistic medicine or whatever it's called.

I don't think Ricky would do that because he didn't make enough money to pay the Dolphins back this year.

Saban4prez said:
no you're right in many ways. hence why he probably doesn't have that much trade value. i wouldn't want him if i were a gm for that exact reason. it was easy for us to accept him back because we had nothing to lose by his return, but another team could lose all the value that they trade for him if he retired on them.
I AGREE

Doubt it. He would still be breaching his contract, yet again and probably end up in even more legal trouble with more parties because of it. Personally, I don't see him playing past his current contract. I doubt he even really wants to play. He is just playing so he doesn't have to cough up the eight million he was supposed to pay back.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ricky is a tremendous competitor who gives his all in anything he does, including playing cards, but he clearly is doing this for his own selfish reasons and will most likely quit after he meets his terms of this existing contract, whether it be here or elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom