Anyone else feel this way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel this way?

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
Not my typical Sunday. Usually with a win, lots of points by our offense and a career day by RT, I'm upbeat. Today, we showed how we can be comeptitive late in the game and win it, albeit to a losing team. They can do great things against these teams, but fail to show up when we need it. It bums me out knowing we aren't going to the playoffs and these guys played hard in this win. Maybe we blow the jets outta the water, but again, we aren't in the post season discussion.

Oh yeah, throw in the uber-confidence in Joe by Ross, and it really makes for a bittersweet day.

Naaaah, a good day by the Fins!

We are all disappointed with the lack of making the post season, but enjoy the win today and RT's performance.

What else can we do? Get angry at Ross for bringing Philbin back and acting like we know it's a fact Miami doesn't do **** next year? I'm on the opposite side of things now.

He's back so let's make a ****ing run at it. As others have alluded to, if Philbin and the team don't do **** next year his contract is ending in 2015 anyway.

No. I comepletely feel like the OP.

Sure winning is better than losing, but not going to the dance sucks hard.

I don't give a **** about these wins.

It makes me even more angry people don't expect more. This organization doesn't expect more.

Then those will complain that we don't get any national media respect. Why the hells should we. Because we beat the Vikings?

No one cares because it doesn't matter. It doesn't mean anything.

Everyone excuse my gloom, but we've all been fans a long time, and the heartbreaking continues. I would have loved this to have been the final score against the Ravens, but the vikes..not so much. It's like a car I once owned. It was fast and made me smile immensely, but it broke down too often.

No. I comepletely feel like the OP.

Sure winning is better than losing, but not going to the dance sucks hard.

I don't give a **** about these wins.

It makes me even more angry people don't expect more. This organization doesn't expect more.

Then those will complain that we don't get any national media respect. Why the hells should we. Because we beat the Vikings?

No one cares because it doesn't matter. It doesn't mean anything.

We don't win enough games, haven't won enough games in 15 years - for me to start selecting wins to enjoy or dismiss. Whether we're going to the playoffs or not, you care about the team, right? Whether the games mean anything or not, you should still enjoy the wins - we just don't get enough to not appreciate them.

The Ross pronouncement was like a punch to the gut.

Truthfully, we won today in spite of ourselves. I don't think Philbin is the answer and every week I see more reasons why he isn't than why he is. So, when you win and you think someone in a decision-making role might be taking an account of everything and can see what you do, winning is the icing on the cake. Then I read Ross already had determined Philbin was returning. I just don't know what Philbin is accountable for. Aside from this team tanking entirely, it seems like he can do anything, because his staying is tied entirely to having at least an average record. Winning games you should win, performing to a certain level of capability and making progress as a head coach and a staff don't seem to be part of the equation. I think that is a mistake ... good CEOs generally recognize potential problems before they happen. We've seen the same mistakes committed routinely for three years and still don't recognize them or correct them.

Its always good to get a win. Problem is that this is the same type of game we have seen too many times. Dolphins came out flat yet again. If this was vs a better than .500 team, we lose this game.

Ross giving Philbin another season, I understand the point of wanting stability. However I do not see what makes Ross believe that Philbin can lead this team to the playoffs. He constantly chokes under pressure, and crumbles time ans time again in game situations. Coaches like he is afraid to make a mistake, abuses his timeouts at the wrong times, giving opponents more of an advantage.

I just don't see success in 2015 with Philbin as the coach. I can see another 8-8 or 9-7 season coming our way. Even if we upgrade in needed areas, with Philbin at the helm, I just do not see it happening with him.

Look at the game vs the Chargers this year. It shows what this team can do when it plays inspired football, with heart, determination and aggressiveness. Lots of emotions in Miami that week with the passing of Philbins father, the players played all out for him. For that 1 week everyone left everything they had on that field. Why cant Philbin get that kind of effort, determination, passion, and inspiration out of his players on a weekly basis. Or was that game vs the Chargers go so well because we jumped out to such a lead, that Philbin had to do nothing in terms of coaching that game, what do you have to adjust to when your dominating the opponent and pitching a shut out.

Hoping for major improvement from Philbin next season, but will prepare myself for yet another average season and another miss on the playoffs, because we all know what happens when Dolphin fans begin to get their hopes up.

I feel exactly the same. The game was exciting as hell, but going in to it I already felt we'd lost our playoff hopes, but once I saw Baltimore losing and KC holding in at first, I got that false hope. We make a 4th quarter comeback (a very rare occurrence in the Tannehill era) and I'm really excited, but then we lose the playoffs and Ross announces we're stuck with Philbin for another year. It was like getting laid and then having a bucket of ice water dumped on you.

The playoffs routine I'm almost immune to at this point, but the Philbin news was a real punch in the gut.

I've been ready to dump Philbin all year, but since we have him for another year, I'm going to support him. No use in looking for him to fail if he's already slated to come back.

You know who everyone wanted to dump constantly and had 3 straight average seasons and had 3 straight December collapses? Jason Garrett. The Cowboys were supposed to be the laughing stock, but they assembled the league's best O-line and kept 2 dynamic pieces around Romo in Dez and Murray. Anything can happen. We need depth.

are you all fans of this team or just a bunch of whiners if lose a game you all bitch and when we win a game you all bitch always looking for the negative in every game i'm sorry I know not everyone in here but the ones who do and you know who you are lets give this a chance to work we can't fire every coach and GM every 3 years......sorry for venting...everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Back
Top Bottom