Anyone else now fear for Jason Taylor's Future? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else now fear for Jason Taylor's Future?

Agent51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We all know Taylor was on the fence about retiring or not after this season, but does anyone else get the sense that Saban leaving may be the deciding factor? I'm not saying he loved Saban to death, lol, but what I mean is he was already talking about how each year he gets older it gets harder and harder to stay healthy through the whole season and all that, so now that a NEW coach is coming, Taylor would not only have to contend with his body but also learn ANOTHER entirely new scheme and get used to a new way of running things. I'm just wondering if that's something he wants to go through given the fact that he was already considering retitrement, so why would he try and learn all the new stuff when he would just be done in another year (if he chose to not retire) or so anyway? Also, he might have stayed another year or so if he saw the potential, but now that a new coach (and possibly staff) is coming in he may see more "rebuilding" years ahead and decide to just call it now instead of playing another year or more.

I guess the same could be said about Zach Thomas. Although he hasn't said he may or may not retire, he's in the same situation as Taylor. Both these guys are old (but still great) and they both go through the same stuff every season. Not to mention they are close so they could have the same train of thought. I just don't have a good feeling about our veterens sticking around much longer and learning an entirley new system and getting used to an entirely new way of running things and dealing with more rebuilding years. I think if we had a shot they'd stay, but it doesn't look promising (as much as it kills me to admit that) for next year (and maybe a few after it) so I have a feeling that will be the deciding facor in their retirements.

He'll be back..

He's just been playing with pain all year and is fed up with working his *** off and losing. I don't see why we would need to change the D scheme as long as Capers is here..

Honestly, instead of retiring, I hope he requests / demands a trade. We could use some extra draft picks, and considering the current state we're in, we need as many as we can stockpile for the future....

Sounds harsh I know, but looking ahead we have to seriously consider it. It's either that, or let him retire a Phin {get nothing in return}. This team needs to be rebuilt, why not use him to our advantage, and bring some youth in here for our future??...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Saban might have ended JT's career just like Jimmy Johnson forced Marino into an early retirement.

Screw you Saban,,,you little punk. :mad:

I'm beginning to feel like I felt about Marino when Shula left.

We all knew he was on his way out, but felt that with the right coach here, Marino might have had a shot at going to another Superbowl.

Zach and JT still have some playtime, but we know it's 2 years tops. It sucks seeing guys who have been with us from day one have to go without winning a Superbowl, or even going deep into the playoffs for that matter.

So, yes, I'd say JT is our defensive Marino.

He will be back he wasn't that much of a Nick Saban fan anyways.

The problem is JT is probably wondering who the next coach might be but if he waits to find out and retire then, he would not come out very good so I think we would be inclining towards retiring now if he is really serious about it. Bad news...

I know he didn't like Saban, but still, if I were in his position (contemplating retirement) the fact that we have had two HORRIBLE seasons (lets face it, last year's streak wasn't as impressive as everyone made it out to be, and it did nothing but drop us past all the good QBs in teh draft order) and now my head coach just quit, meaning an entire new regime is coming in,which means learning at least the new ways the new coach runs things, but possibly even new schemes, it might push more toward the retirement side of the decision. If I knew I only had a couple years left but I was contemplating retirememnt now, and then all this happens and I saw more rebuilding years ahead as opposed to legitamet post-season shots, I'd prolly just call it a day now instead of risking my body for another year or two for no chance at the post-season.

only way we change the defense is if Ron rivera becomes the coach, we all know he runs a 46 in Chicago but if Dom Capers stays and/or becomes head coach than the defense will be the same and this defense uses Taylor to his best.

but the main reason he might retire is if he thinks the team will be bad which is common thought around here. but I think the team is set for a huge turn around similiar to when San Deigo went from 4-12 one year to 12-4 the next year. the way I see it is we rode our defense to all of our wins this year. the offense was non existent. next year Ricky will be back and Ronnie and Ricky will improve the offense drastically. if teams can't stop our running attack than we can ride it all year and keep our defense rested while scoring some TDs. I also think the QB situation will be better next season with either a heathly Culpepper or a up and coming Lemon or possibly Schuab or Leftwich

A BIG concern. I hope he was just tired and sore from the long season. But he has to be thinking to himself, "Is this worth starting over again ?" I just hope we get someone from the pro ranks who gets him and other players excited and fired up. If not, then I'm worried about all the players we have heading into free agency. And the ??? other free-agents will have about coming here, if we appear in turmoil. Could be a tough off-season if Wayne doesn't do a good job picking someone decent and within a reasonable time frame.:(

Honestly, instead of retiring, I hope he requests / demands a trade. We could use some extra draft picks, and considering the current state we're in, we need as many as we can stockpile for the future....

Sounds harsh I know, but looking ahead we have to seriously consider it. It's either that, or let him retire a Phin {get nothing in return}. This team needs to be rebuilt, why not use him to our advantage, and bring some youth in here for our future??...

PHINZ RULE!!!!
its not harsh.give jason a shot with a championship team.get a late 1st round,and lets move on.jason has been a great ,great player for us.get him to agree to play 3 more years.then trade him.this just sucks,but we need picks.get the texas guard .

Once a player starts chatting about retirement in football...it's time to consider trading him when he comes back to his senses....If he doesn't have a no-trade clause, then I'm for trading him to a team with a top 10-15 pick.

It's not like we've done much with him...Like Marino, talent wasted on a mediocre team. Sad but true. :(

Once a player starts chatting about retirement in football...it's time to consider trading him when he comes back to his senses....If he doesn't have a no-trade clause, then I'm for trading him to a team with a top 10-15 pick.

It's not like we've done much with him...Like Marino, talent wasted on a mediocre team. Sad but true. :(
agreed.this sucks.trade jason for a 1st.trade down ,and pick up a second.giving us 2-1st and 2-2's.then pick up the texas guard-outside lb-def end-best available player.plus we have 4-5 more picks.i guess its time to rebuild.with the amount of draft picks,and 2-3 free agants.we will have alot of new blood.we just need a coach that is an offensive minded guy that can call his own plays,and has a vision.cut the mull man,and keep capers.

Back
Top Bottom