Anyone else worried by this? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else worried by this?

I am extremely concerned. I am not a dolphin fan, (came here to learn about your team because we are playing each other this upcoming season) so my opinion probably isn't what you want but..

I could Ive a year without the NFL... college football will do fine. I don't have a team there but oh well.

The NFL without a salary cap would be a terrible thing. I don't want to see this become the MLB where a few rich teams buy most of the good players, and the poor teams trade anyone who is anyone for prospects... because the other option is letting them walk for nothing. I believe that's one of the reasons it is so successful... sure it sucks losing your favorite players to the cap. (i doubt my team will be able to hold onto Cro, and Merriam) but when everyone is in that boat it eases the pain.

I don't want to see a league with equal costs, unequal money. There must be a cap.

I would probably stop buying anything NFL related after a while. If my team has a lower chance of eventually winning it all then another that isn't related to good or bad management then I don't want much to do with it.

With a cap teams rise, draft picks turn into stars and some stay some leave. Same boat for every team. MLB: draft picks rise, and stay if the team is rich leave if it isn't.

Granted that is not always the case, but it is enough for the Yankees to make the playoffs only god knows how many years in a row, and the marlins to go from a world series winner to last in there division.

Back
Top Bottom